Old 02-10-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh it's a favorite of mine Honeypig!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congrats on your new bike, firebolt! https://youtu.be/wdoT50N8uv4
Old 03-12-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

someone posted some steve McQueen. seems only appropriate to have the song. don't know how to the video to just show up here.
somes songs seem to cause my throttle to twist. this is one of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlywcuw-1TU

sheeewee! kind of hard to narrow down to a few songs to have goin in my helmet.

sometimes I just like hearing the sound of my bike.

nice bike!! v rod if im not mistaken?

don't know how the horn is on it, but ya may want to look into a stebel nautilus air horn. seems to wake people up that aren't paying attention around me when im riding.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Great songs!!

I rode 70 miles for groceries on Saturday and listened to these - thank you guys!!

TomSteve - it's a Yamaha Vmax An air horn would be smart, my horn sounds like the quiet "mee meep" that the road runner makes in the Buggs Bunny cartoons (pretty worthless)....but a gal started crowding my lane like she was going to cut me off yesterday and I burped the throttle at her - much more effective than the horn!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

cant believe I didn't look closer at the picture- just a glance at the tank said vrod.
I was able to take a vmax for a ride a few years ago. I can see how burpin the throttle on one of those can get peoples' attention!
it was one heckuva nice riding bike. more comfortable that I thought it would be.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah, so far I love it. I just got it and so far I haven't even kicked in the V-Boost yet - pretty humbled by the power...burping the throttle gets MY attention LOL!
Old 03-14-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Dyno chart says big fun on a vmax starts at 5k rpm just sayin.... lol
Old 03-14-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Dyno chart says big fun on a vmax starts at 5k rpm just sayin.... lol
Ha, I've had mine to 5k, my manual says those servos open up at 6k.

1 - 5k is starting to peel my face off in 3rd gear lol
2 - all I can think about when I get close to engaging the boost is the guy who sold it to me telling me:
"Girlie, the first time that boost kicks in, you better have her aimed straight." LOL

OH - I sold my old Yamaha triple....and promptly fed the $ directly to the mod monkey on the Max

New bars, mirrors, hoses, headlight, brake light, signals and helmet lock should be here in a week or so!!! I've put just under 100 miles on it so far - might as well start tearing her apart, right?!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

it is NOT tearing her apart- its personalizing.
and dont forget naming her.
i think ya have a wide variety of aftermarket accessories for that beast!
Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

vmax face for the win!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRafNV_kQGk
Old 03-15-2017, 07:42 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Bahaha, that's great! I want to email him to put on a helmet because evidentally I've turned into my mother...

OH - Theres a 1/4 mile drag race video on the right side of that page with my 2 favorites - Diavel vs 2nd Gen Vmax - I won't spoil it with the winner
Old 03-15-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

LOL, Great Stuff!

I will be thinking of some music, in the mean time, congrats on that bike FB, you are awesome!
Old 03-15-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

and dont forget naming her.
I got MAADMX for the licence plates, so it's pretty unoriginal, but I guess her name is Max now

And hey..Max is close to Mac:

My favorite ever grandmother's name was Margaret. She flew planes, and wore pants and rode motorcycles when women didn't a whole lot. People would introduce her at fancy genealogy society parties as Margaret, and in her classy homemade toga dress and pillbox hat, she'd light a cigarette and say "Just call me Mac."

SO, Max it is...

THanks for the push Tomsteve - of all the bikes and cars and boats through the years, I've never named one.

Aww - thanks Hopeful, I'm really happy with it. Nice to have something that gives a gal an ounce of peace!
Old 03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Nice to have something that gives a gal an ounce of peace!
I was about 2 years sober when a friend asked me to store his and his wifes bikes inmy garage for the winter. I had a pretty big garage at the time, so no problem.
come a nice spring day he comes pullin up in his car- was takin the bikes back home to change all the fluids. said," why don't ya get on my wifes bike( 98 1100 virago- super clean) and ride it back to my place. we'll get the fluids changed and hit the road."
i gave up ridin about 14 or so years prior- i chose drinkin over ridin.
the thought of getting on a bike scared the crap out of me- just thinkin it might cause me to want to drink. so i weaseled my way out of getting on his wifes bike.
next morning- absolutely beautiful sunny spring day, he comes pullin in my drive. gets off his bike and theres a helmet comin at me:" i aint leavin til you get on that bike and ride. you aint got nothing to be afraid of but yourself."
i took a ride around the block( i was livin in the sticks so "a block" is about 6-7 miles) and was a wee bit rusty. pulled back in and he says,"no sense in getting off that bike- youre ridin now!"

15 minutes into the ride....WOW!!! i had NEVER experienced that feeling on a bike before! freedom from a LOT that was goin on in my head.
about a month later a pretty nice bike came up for sale and somehow it ended up in my possession( it hadda a LOT to do with that friend that stored his bikes in my garage). i put 12,000 miles on it that spring/summer/fall and never left Michigan.
the peace!!! i was in the midst of a cancer fight at the time and getting on my bike- her names Nadine- and clearin my head was awesome!!
Old 03-15-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Long motorcycle rides are very interesting, similar to meditation in a lot of ways. Not insofar as closing eyes lol, but there are some parallels; focus on the moment, thoughts are distraction, necessity to train responses rather than relying on instinct. I really like the "road head" that develops after a day or so on the road, very peaceful. All the stuff drops out of my head and its just the road and the wind.

I dont' ride with any music, headphones or otherwise- just earplugs if I'm spending more than a couple hours on the highway. I've done quite a few 9+ hr days, some well over 12hrs going tank-for-tank with just bathroom breaks and have never been bored.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

This playlist is the first time I've ever listened to music on a bike, and it was pretty great. Partially because I'm not used to such a loud exhaust... I always feel like I need to hear a car coming at me, but it's not going to happen with the Supertrapp now anyway

Tomsteve - I'm glad you saddled up again! 12k is a great summer of riding! I was in a terrible wreck in 01 - hit by a car on a beautiful old shovelhead, and it took me 10 years to the day to get back on. HA and after riding for 15 years and all kinds of bikes up to that point, the bike that got me back to it was a cute little stock 73 Honda CB 350. And I'll never get rid of it.

Long motorcycle rides are very interesting, similar to meditation in a lot of ways. Not insofar as closing eyes lol, but there are some parallels; focus on the moment, thoughts are distraction, necessity to train responses rather than relying on instinct. I really like the "road head" that develops after a day or so on the road, very peaceful. All the stuff drops out of my head and its just the road and the wind.
You're making me want to ditch work and go meditate I totally agree, it's not often that we can hone our brains in on just the task at hand, and riding enables a fairly thoughtless mind!

6 years back on again now and have cycled through a small handful of bikes....and riding doesn't relax me anymore - at all (in fact, I get a tiny amount of anxiety for the first couple minutes EVERY time I take off out of the garage now)...but peace and a clear head come back right along with the love after about a minute or so on the road...every single time. I'm hoping to do some longer rides on this one than I have been the last few summers. I ride to fish a lot, and want to start riding to fish AND CAMP! I'm going to need a side car for my dog!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

"the bike that got me back to it was a cute little stock 73 Honda CB 350."
it would be crazy if that is a 4 cylinder 350 as that was the bike I had when I chose alcohol over riding.

I think something that made it peaceful was livin in northern Michigan- not a whole lot of traffic.
must get sidecar for dog!

headin out with my lil buddy:

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Aww - great picture!! My CB 350 is a twin....but the Fours were SUCH cool bikes!

AND - My corgi looks an awful lot like your little guy! I agree - I'm thankful to live in a rural area. I'd rather worry about deer than other cars!

Old 03-15-2017, 05:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Deer are scary beasts on a bike. Back in 2012 I came really close to hitting one going 70 or so up in the middle of nowhere Maine. I saw him start to leap, got on the brakes the bike was squirming and unhappy- what saved me is he ran down the road a bit before cutting across in front, so I had a moment to bleed off enough speed to not hit him.

I've had more closer calls with cages. OTOH it'll be real trouble when the deer get iPhones.