Divorcing/Separating Class of 2017 - Feb Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 06:08 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Prayers to all
Old 02-23-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

How's everyone in this class doing?

I just received stbxah's counter to our property settlement agreement and while there are no surprises, he's being a real... gem about it all yeah right. More like, I'm no longer surprised when he acts like a jerk.

We do not have children together, so once we have the property/monetary assets figured out we can be officially over. Serenity prayer - getting on with my own happiness is more important than how much or little money I will receive from him (though I do feel I am entitled to some, at least for pain and suffering!) and who gets the living room rug.

hugs to all!
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi Captain - I'm in the process of putting together the inventory for our case. What a pain it is, but things could be so much worse. After the initial joy and peace I experienced having AH out of our home, I seemed to hit a bit of depression for the past two weeks. I don't think I would call it sadness. This feels different and may be resulting from beginning to feel all the feelings that I've put on hold for the past two years as I just managed keeping our family together and (dys)functioning. Fortunately, I woke up today feeling a lot better - noticeably different. I was starting to feel the need of a break from my own down mood and my son was picking up on it as well. I'm starting to feel some sadness replacing my initial overwhelming relief.

My goal for this week is to get that dang inventory completed. That's it. That is all.

I'm happy to hear that things are progressing for you. In some ways, it's encouraging that your STBx completed a counter and things are continuing to move along. Just because he asks, doesn't mean he's going to get. I keep trying to be fair throughout this process but I'm sure both my AH and I will have our moments. All the best to you! One step at a time.