Experience with section 35 in MA?

Old 01-18-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yes Lexie, me too! How dare they act like it's her responsibility to be able to keep him sober. Goodness, it just goes to show the lack of education regarding alcohol abuse there really is. I am just blown away.

Tight hugs, I am so sorry you are having all of these overwhelming things happen at once! That is scary. I hate to tell you though, keep in touch with the social worker at the hospital. Reason I say that is b/c they will form a plan with him and leave you out of the loop, even though you may be part of that plan. Just a suggestion.

That happened w/my father in law when he was hospitalized. They formed a plan that included all of this family support for his issue, and he signed off on it, without finding out from the actual family if we would be able to offer that type of support, which we were not, because we all had jobs. His issue was not alcohol, however, it still created the same mess.

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
These "plans" that try to make the competent parent responsible for the other parent's behavior stick in my craw. Sometimes kids get taken away from DV victims who "allow" the children to witness the abuse. Good luck on preventing THAT.

Actually, though, that might be a good reason for you to request the commitment. It will support your case with them by showing you're doing what you can.