Is this not weird? Advice please

Old 01-16-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

My wife and I both have the 'find me' app on our phones and have had it for years! Neither of us are ever doing anything we need to hide so it isn't a big deal. I go fishing a lot on the Mississippi River and am out alone a lot in creeks etc. hunting for artifacts and it's a 'peace of mind' thing so she can see where I am if she gets worried. And I can see where she is if I want to. One of our adult daughters has it too and we can all see each other. Nothing sinister about it in our home at all.

EDIT: OP, I just saw your post where he may be controlling and accusing you of affairs etc. That would be a bit different!
Old 01-16-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My separated AH was always accusing me too, and wanting to know exactly where I was, and if it took me longer than he thought it should, then I must be with one of my "boyfriend s"... So I learned to just not tell him everything, like if I had to day trip for work, I would just let him believe I was in the office all day... Which didnt really help, when he would catch me lying. it just continued the cycle of mistrust, although I know even if I would have told him every last detail of my day , down to what time I had a BM, he still would have made cheating accusations. I couldn't win with him, even though HE was the one cheating, not me

But on the other side of it...
I downloaded an app on his phone back then after i learned he was cheating. It was scary easy to do, all I needed was his password. he didn't have to accept a request or anything. It allowed me to access everything on his phone plus could record him. He never knew until I told him.
I actually learned about the app on a different forum. An infidelity forum. It's pretty commonplace with the folks over there.
I'm not proud of it, but I suppose I felt justified at the time.
It really is frightening how much your privacy can be invaded quite easily...
Stay safe TW!!!!
Old 01-16-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yeah, sounds like the app I was referring to.

My own personal feeling is that if you distrust your Significant Other enough to use an app like that, it's already past time to leave.

Just for the knowledge of others here, tracking someone in that manner can be considered stalking. Criminal penalties. It doesn't matter if he's cheating and you're just trying to get confirmation. Just don't.
Old 01-16-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I agree Lexie. I wasn't trying to encourage it!
I was a desperate mess then
Old 01-16-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kboys View Post
I agree Lexie. I wasn't trying to encourage it!
I was a desperate mess then
^^^I think we can all claim to be that once in a while haha
Old 01-16-2017, 05:14 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I get it, Kboys--I've done inappropriate things, myself--snooping in email and emailing some woman my then-STBX was communicating with. I'm not proud of that, and I know you're not proud of what you did. It was really a heads-up for anyone who might be thinking something like that was a good idea.