Tis the Season

Old 12-25-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tis the Season

Right now my STBXAH is probably visiting with my once upon a time next door neighbors. That was part of our Christmas tradition. He would bring a bottle of whiskey as a present and shoot pool. So here I sit in my little apartment- thinking that here is a huge relapse trigger along with the fact that DD still is not talking with me, and many of my social contacts are out of town. I work today and I worked last night. It took me a while to get into work, but once I did it was good.

I did find some help yesterday to turn my thoughts around- and actually after this I felt better. I am reading a book called Wired to Connect and it is about the impact relationships have on our mental health. You assess your five strongest relationships as to if they are healthy and good for you. I picked 5 close friends and they scored 95 to 100 each- all really excellent friends and good for me - then I scored STBXAH. 30. There it was for me in black and white. STBXAH is unsafe and damaging. He can keep the next door neighbors and the rest of it. I need to start building a new life.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi qtpi - Merry Christmas. Thanks for sharing the info about that book. I'm a very logic-driven person, and those type of tests usually help me when I'm needing confirmation of something.

I'm also building myself a new life, and it's nice to be able to make it the way *I* want it to be. Sending you good thoughts today.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, qtpi. Good post.