SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   In a car headed to In laws (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/402332-car-headed-laws.html)

hearthealth 12-24-2016 02:14 PM

In a car headed to In laws

My husband wouldn't hear that I didn't want to go and I caved. I have so much apprehension. I shouldnt have done it. Now I have no choice but to put on a happy face. Theres so much I'd rather be doing. :(

AnvilheadII 12-24-2016 02:17 PM

sorry HH. do they have any wood to chop or dogs to walk?

hearthealth 12-24-2016 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII (Post 6259074)
sorry HH. do they have any wood to chop or dogs to walk?

:) I could walk their dog! No wood though.

Refiner 12-24-2016 02:48 PM

Baaahahaha good luck HH. Let us know how it goes!

PhoenixJ 12-24-2016 02:55 PM

Stay safe. Don't drink. Avoid arguing, choose not to. Remember HALT. Prayers.

hearthealth 12-24-2016 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6259122)
Stay safe. Don't drink. Avoid arguing, choose not to. Remember HALT. Prayers.

Thank you PhoenixJ. I guess it was ok. I really don't have that emotional connection to these people. I know it's not about the gifts, I only received one, but it's about the togetherness. I just know I really don't matter to them. I can go and play nice but that's the depth and it hurts not to have that deeper connection. To know these people lied and tried to bait me and that it really didn't matter to them.

dandylion 12-25-2016 05:29 AM

hearthealth...I have not felt as close to most of my in-laws as I would have liked.....
It is not because I didn't want more genuine closdeness...because, I did!
They were/are basically, somewhat aloof people....
Basic civility was about all that I could muster......

I think that most families "take the side" of their own biology....not all, but most.....

Why do you suppose that there are so many "in-laws" jokes?

Lilro 12-25-2016 07:15 AM

In-laws.... Ugh!!! I could write a book about how crappy they were to me. One of my finer memories, when my sister-in -law got married I was only welcome to join in 1 family photo, just 1. I couldn't stand her anyway but really?? Don't think I didn't make the best of that pose... Lol. My hand was placed upon my brother-in-laws shoulder because I was standing behind him, unfortunately the only finger that was not curled under was my middle one... Bwah hahahahahaha.... Oh well, sh*t happens, Ya know?
Try to not let them get to you, disfunctional breeds disfunctional. All the more reason you must think about yourself and your children.
Merry Christmas.
Ro

hearthealth 12-25-2016 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 6259755)
hearthealth...I have not felt as close to most of my in-laws as I would have liked.....
It is not because I didn't want more genuine closdeness...because, I did!
They were/are basically, somewhat aloof people....
Basic civility was about all that I could muster......

I think that most families "take the side" of their own biology....not all, but most.....

Why do you suppose that there are so many "in-laws" jokes?

Thank you

Refiner 12-25-2016 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lilro (Post 6259866)
unfortunately the only finger that was not curled under was my middle one... Bwah hahahahahaha....

BAAAAAAHAHAHA is right!!!!!

Berrybean 12-25-2016 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by hearthealth (Post 6259092)
:) I could walk their dog! No wood though.

Possibly best not to handle any axes if the day could be a challenge anyway lol.

dandylion 12-25-2016 09:41 AM

^^^^^^^^lol!^^^^^^^^^^^6

AnvilheadII 12-25-2016 09:52 AM

Possibly best not to handle any axes if the day could be a challenge anyway lol.

but they are quite helpful with boundary setting!!! :)

Berrybean 12-25-2016 10:16 AM

Lol ��

hearthealth 12-25-2016 10:43 AM

Chopping..... just cutting the green beans for the casserole.