When you know it's coming

Old 12-23-2016, 06:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thousandwords53 View Post
will just be prepared to adapt the weekend to still enjoy it. I might take the kids to the movies tomorrow and/or go for a Christmas light scouting mission
^^^^^ Good on ya! Keep thinking this way. Hope Christmas is okay.

Big hug.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry all, just posting to vent and document.

I wanted to follow up on this thread. I realized why: it's payday again. Money has always been a hot point for us. Whether we have extra or are on a budget...it's up for arguing about.

Anyways. ..the stupid bankruptcy thing was on his mind again. ..he FINALLY called her this morning. Had to remind him her name, that he already had her number, all the details of our case AGAIN. His memory is terrible lately. Same 3 stories recycled night from night. It's getting bad.
He asked me to call her and set up an appointment. I said um, no you can call and make your own appointment. I've done plenty of work on this lol. I was pretty detached, didn't argue when he tried. He did tell me that he HAS to work as much as he does...deadlines and stuff...when in actuality he benefits financially from working more and it's on his own accord... nobody makes him work those hours. Does his employer appreciate it? Oh yeah. But it is not mandatory like he now claims.
He told me I should just quit my job to stay at home and that would help our situation. I said absolutely not. I am not quitting my (part time) job, or being a stay at home mom again. He called me 4 different times this am..once to complain about his paycheck. ..then to complain about our lawyer. ...then because he didn't know her name. ...During our convo I said no or rejected something false and he asked me: "Do I need to come home? " in a threatening way. I said "Ummmm No." And he moved on but it definitely struck a cord with me.

Also, he claims he can't stop working but has all the time to call and harass me this am, and allegedly come home...he goes on extended lunch breaks or goofs off at work. I've heard the stories directly from him. He contradicts himself constantly.

I need to leave this marriage pronto.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are right, you do. I hate that he is acting in a threatening way to you.

Please don't quit your job. So many women, and men, on this forum feel stuck b/c they don't have any income, so they feel they cannot leave.

Tight hugs. Hang in there!