Coming up for air

Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coming up for air

I survived! Several weeks of highly complex software demos, with over 100 people involved, are DONE. The overall project won't conclude until early next year, but the hardest part on my end is over. I'm working Monday-Thursday this week, and mostly just trying to unplug my brain and get caught up on some of my more routine work that doesn't require so much independent thought.

DD13 continues to improve. Her psych evaluation has been bumped into February, but she definitely seems stable and I'm not so concerned about waiting another few weeks to have that done.

In other news, STBXAH appears to have a girlfriend. When I asked to meet her, he claimed she is "just a friend." I didn't push back too hard on that one. I don't exactly have the moral high ground on this one--I waited far longer than I probably should have waited to introduce STBXAH to my gentleman friend (based on our agreement to do such introductions before new significant others are spending time with our son). I'll revisit the issue after the holidays, if it sounds like he's still bringing her around our son.

I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. We finally got a tree up over the weekend, so hopefully that will help me feel more Christmas-y.