Recent conversations

Old 12-14-2016, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recent conversations

So there have been two...

One was with the agency that placed me in my new position. My AH apparently has found a way to reach out to my contact while in rehab and since he is not reachable by phone my contact came by to see me. He asked me why, after 10 years was he gone from the job. And I never gave it a second thought....I said "Well it got bad but I will let him share that with you".

Yeah, I am pretty proud of myself because I didn't try to "fix" the conversation and do all the explaining - nope, that is too exhausting for me.

So then they did finally make contact and when I spoke to my AH he told me that he told him the truth about what happened. Told him why he had such a hard time trying to connect with the agency (due to limited phone usage), etc. AH mentioned because his place has been on lock down he has not had the opportunity to go to that meeting we had discussed where he could possibly network himself. He mentioned that might happen tonight if they lift the lock down. He ended his conversation with "It's in my HP's hands now".

Then my meeting last night was a good one. I was able to share about what Alanon has done for me to some newcomers. Felt good to be able to take my "nightmare" and give them some positive feedback of how Alanon has worked in my life.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Felt good to be able to take my "nightmare" and give them some positive feedback of how Alanon has worked in my life.
This makes me pretty happy! You sound good!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm cautiously optimistic for you KTT, I hope things continue to improve.

Be careful - I've found it necessary to take conversations made from inside a rehab, psych facility or a jail cell with a grain of salt. When he's saying these same things while managing life/recovery 24/7, it'll carry more weight.

Many hugs & prayers for you & your girls!
Old 12-14-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work, KTT. Keep going.