SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   OT--On a lighter note (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/401588-ot-lighter-note.html)

firebolt 12-12-2016 07:54 AM

Oh My gosh - what a perfect thread to read on a Monday morning!

That squirrel - the look of desperation and panic - and then finally the resolve to DO IT! Amazing!

Than then the LOL hilarity in the comments to follow.

THanks for starting my Monday off right!

honeypig 12-12-2016 10:30 AM

Holy cow, Noah--I mean Mike--what a crew! What pandemonium! I got tired just hearing about it!

hearthealth 12-12-2016 11:24 AM

I enjoyed the video but was wondering...what happened next? Did the squirrel survive the jump? Is he limping away? Is he back in the roof with a limp?

DesertEyes 12-12-2016 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 6241766)
.....You remind me of Noah......(you know---the one with the arc).......

* lol *

Noah had it easy. He only had two of each critter.

Mike ;)

LexieCat 12-12-2016 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by hearthealth (Post 6241984)
I enjoyed the video but was wondering...what happened next? Did the squirrel survive the jump? Is he limping away? Is he back in the roof with a limp?

He scampered off, apparently. I don't see any tiny wheelchairs or walkers in the vicinity. They are pretty resourceful and resilient critters.

Gonnachange 12-12-2016 12:17 PM

I had a squirrel problem a few years ago that was solved in a similar fashion to yours. Last week I heard a scamper not in my attic, but in the space between my first and second floors and have arranged for someone to fine the hole, put the one way "door" in, and then seal the space.

I live close to a few hundred acres of woods and we have lots of wild life. Squirrels are in abundance and while they are a PIA for what you're going through and less offensive things like digging up flower boxes I marvel at their collective athleticism.

honeypig 12-12-2016 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gonnachange (Post 6242043)
I marvel at their collective athleticism.

It is truly amazing--I've seen mine do a vertical leap from a standstill to get onto a feeder hanging 4-5 feet off the ground! And falling/jumping, even from great heights, just doesn't seem to result in injury. They can walk a wire or clothesline w/impunity, too--their powers of balance are astounding.

All of this is why I thought perhaps Lexie's squirrel really HAD developed super powers and was walking right up the smooth glass surface of a window--given all the OTHER stuff they can do, it just didn't seem outside the realm of possibility!

PhoenixJ 12-12-2016 12:57 PM

Children's python. Bearded Dragon. Hermit crabs. Gold fish,angel fish, god knows what fish, cats, ducks, geese, chooks, g-pigs, doves, finches, a 15 year old much loved 3 legged farting lab'r, mad as cut snake blue healers, acat who thought it was Einstein. A f... Burmese cat (cheese- it was supposed to eat just cheese- nope). The best sort of kid's pets (except the (healers- they were mine) were flushable. I got my son's fears of cockr's dealt with in 1 sitting. I collected the bug and got the boys to watch the cockr Olympics....Flush. They loved it.

AnvilheadII 12-12-2016 01:25 PM

what is WRONG with you people????? LOL

DesertEyes 12-12-2016 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ (Post 6242092)
... The best sort of kid's pets ... were flushable. ...

* lmao *

Yes!!! Somebody who understands!!!!

Mike ;)

hearthealth 12-12-2016 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by DesertEyes (Post 6242157)
* lmao *

Yes!!! Somebody who understands!!!!

Mike ;)

I took the fish to the the pet store just to flush them there. The children don't need to know the details.

LexieCat 12-12-2016 02:01 PM

That reminds me...

One of my mom's sayings when we were growing up is that if she had it to do over again, she'd have raised guppies rather than kids. I always assumed it was the flushability factor--children tend to clog the plumbing.

My ex (kiddos' dad) thought that was hysterical, and we started referring to our kids as the guppies. When we talk, I will ask him for the latest "gupdate" on the kids. On Mothers' Day or Fathers' Day, we wish each other a "Happy GuppyMom Day" or "GuppyDad Day."

We were grateful when they got their own bowls, but they do swim back to the home aquarium from time to time.

PhoenixJ 12-12-2016 02:02 PM

I think we should all just take a moment to breathe. Animals with superpowers? They do not- the are humans that take their totem animal form at night. Tupperware to squirrel. Amway to possum. Goldfish to toilet.
There was a news feature here recently- a big 7 foot red kangaroo (old man red) had this guy's pig-dog in a headlock. The guy hit the k. in the face to release the dog. The k. looked at bit annoyed (big buggers- very,very strong)HA! One time- winter in the mountain bush (Grampians) in Victoria. 2 large adult male koalas fell from their tree (fighting- koala naughties season)- both about the size of a small rotty. They landed with a god awful bang on the tin roof.

They fought for about 20 minutes. Imagine a very upset wookie- triple the volume and double it. Weirdest sound. Strong buggers too- huge claws. BTW- they are NOT bears- they are marsupials.

AnvilheadII 12-12-2016 02:32 PM

We heard this gawdawful screeching one day, and it was Mr Smooth Raccoon giving his ladylove the business in a tree outside our front door. Evidently he was doing it wrong, because she would turn and hiss and screech at him, but not make a move to leave. I'm surprised there were any leaves left on the tree from all the shakin' goin' on!!!!! Sounded like 10 cats in a cement mixer.

Lilro 12-12-2016 03:17 PM

Lex
That squirel video cracked me up!!!

sauerkraut 12-12-2016 07:51 PM

Mike--
Your story is epic. I laughed all the way through it (that, and Lexie's video).