Alone

Old 12-05-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone

Today I'm having a frustrated day. I was declined a leave. I tried to connect DV but I am also getting the run around also. I have concerns of child care. I have no one and no help. I have to go down on my hours or quit. That means I am stuck. That means this is my life. Goodbye SR
Old 12-05-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hh, hang in. There IS a way. Others have found their way to freedom. You can too; you are no less than anyone else.

Frustration, fear, despair, loneliness--all just emotions. Just weather. YOU are inside all of that, steadfast and strong.

You can do it. Hold fast.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep posting. Share. Prayers to you.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there - don't give up! Everything comes to us as we need it!!

When I was leaving, I am in a booming town where rentals - especially affordable ones are scarce. I was denied the 1 rental I found, and what do you know, a week later, the woman called me and said she had another opening. It didnt have a garage (I have 2 motorcycles and tons of tools / lawn equipment.) or take pets, but after I talked to her she accepted my pets. At the same time, a friend of mine bought a house a block away and she doesn't use her garage, so she let me rent hers. I drive a Buick, and no one was going to be around that weekend to help me move a house full of stuff...and my brothers plans were cancelled, so he and 3 of his friends helped me. I didnt have deposit $, and she let me make 3 payments. There were several other crisis that came....and one by one, they just worked out as I (desperately) needed it.

God, the universe, energy, karma...whatever you want to call it HEARS our needs....and steps up if we have faith. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Please don't let a discouraging day ruin all your hard work. Tomorrow is a new day, and your life is so important! (((HUGS)))
Old 12-05-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When we reach our frustration boiling point we don’t say goodbye SR we say HELLO friends lend me an ear, I need to vent today!!

I’m having a murphy’s law Monday myself, nothing is going right, what ever can go wrong has, people are unreasonable and unpleasant, you’d think there was a full moon!!!

Hang in there!!!
Old 12-05-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Hang in there - don't give up! Everything comes to us as we need it!!

When I was leaving, I am in a booming town where rentals - especially affordable ones are scarce. I was denied the 1 rental I found, and what do you know, a week later, the woman called me and said she had another opening. It didnt have a garage (I have 2 motorcycles and tons of tools / lawn equipment.) or take pets, but after I talked to her she accepted my pets. At the same time, a friend of mine bought a house a block away and she doesn't use her garage, so she let me rent hers. I drive a Buick, and no one was going to be around that weekend to help me move a house full of stuff...and my brothers plans were cancelled, so he and 3 of his friends helped me. I didnt have deposit $, and she let me make 3 payments. There were several other crisis that came....and one by one, they just worked out as I (desperately) needed it.

God, the universe, energy, karma...whatever you want to call it HEARS our needs....and steps up if we have faith. YOU CAN DO THIS!! Please don't let a discouraging day ruin all your hard work. Tomorrow is a new day, and your life is so important! (((HUGS)))

Amazing share. Great example of making it happen, reaching out, making do, unexpected help...Awesome.
HH- it will happen. You got this.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't give up! The rainbow never comes until after the darkest, scariest parts of the storm. Hang in there, we are all praying for you!
Old 12-05-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

hearthealth...don't give up....there is a way to accommodate the childcare issue....it is just that you haven't found it yet.....
Keep contacting the DV advocates.....let them know what you are up against...keep asking them for help...
I have found that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.....
Call your local county government and ask to speak with a social worker....and ask for what government services they have for your situation....

those who reach their goals are those who simply refuse to quit...ever...

There is a member, on this forum...."newbeginnings".....I suggest that you go to the search feature on the black bar near the top of the main page.....type in "newbeginnings" name.....
Then, read all of her threads...
She is such a good example of someone who had so many obstcles...yet, has been so tenacious, and refuses to give up..even though things seemed bery dark for her and her children, at times....
She is an inspiration for all of us who are tempted to throw in the towel....

You can do this....and you will accomplish your goal...just don't give up!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Just because you've finally made a decision doesn't mean everything will magically align in an instant. Be patient! Keep working with the DV advocate. If you are in danger you can go to the shelter. Otherwise, there are things you can do on your own. Have you checked into whether you would qualify for a protective order? The court will order temporary support that might include childcare. Have you talked wit a lawyer about the availability of interim support if you file for divorce?

there is a way out. It may take some time but you can do it.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i think it helps to remember that this is a very "busy" time of the year for agencies of all kinds, especially DV centers and resources, and they are doing the best they can. that does not take away any of your frustration, but believe there are others just like you reaching out. be patient and don't give up. this is not going to get fixed by 5pm.

you deserve a lot of credit for reaching out and taking the steps you need to take. believe in yourself and the process. and stay safe.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
... There is a member, on this forum...."newbeginnings" ....
Dandy? There's several members whose name starts with "newbeginnings". I think you mean this member ( "new beginnings" ) :

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-left-me.html

Let me know if I got the wrong person.

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 12-05-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

DesertEyes.....thank you for bringing this to my attention!

The name is actually "newbeginings16".
PLEASE NOTE ---the spelling does not contain a double n. beginings--not beginnings....
Old 12-05-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hh,
Don't include us in throwing in the towel. Deep breaths, one hour at a time. Lots of serenity prayers. God is good my friend, he will come through.

My dd's boyfriend left his wallet on the train today to Chicago. Dd called me and i told her to pray, that's all she could do. Someone fb messaged him 2 hours later and said that he found it. The bf went and picked it up, the 120.00 was still in there with all the cc's and license. Keep the faith my friend, you should never give up hope.

Big bear hugs that tomorrow will be a brighter day!!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
Today I'm having a frustrated day. I was declined a leave. I tried to connect DV but I am also getting the run around also. I have concerns of child care. I have no one and no help. I have to go down on my hours or quit. That means I am stuck. That means this is my life. Goodbye SR

I guess I don't know what you are talking about. I think that most times when I felt that I had no one to talk to, I found out that I can talk to people here.

Can you tell us more about why you are feeling stuck? What happened when you tried to call DV?

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
amy
Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Ok, here's a good place to start reading newbeginings16's contributions. Hopefuly she will stop by and say "hello"

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-one-talk.html

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 12-05-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I truly don't understand this. Is hearthealth and new beginnings the same or was this just interlooping another person in here.. I'm really confused.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Amy, if you read the thread from the start, you'll see it was started by hearthealth. That is who people are talking to.

A member suggested that hh read posts by a member called newbeginnings. Then there was some discussion about how to locate the right "newbeginnings", since there are several members w/similar names. This is who people are talking about.

Does that clarify it for you?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello hearthealth,

Please don't despair!

Sometimes life is just like that with one obstacle after another thrown in our paths. But there are always alternatives...

Have you tried looking into a local church to provide daycare? Do you live near a technical college or university, because you may be able to find students who are fully-qualified to provide child care but wouldn't cost too much...

I can't tell you why leave would be denied except perhaps your company is short-handed in general right now. I don't know when you were thinking of taking this leave (over the holidays?) but it might be approved for you if you asked for some time right after the first of the year?

Please stick with us! There is invaluable support here