I've done it

Old 12-01-2016, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've done it

I've done it. I'm at my cousins. I left a 2 line note and until now have left my phone in a no signal area. I can't go no contact quite yet unfortunately as we have a few financial ties that need sorting out first but I feel strong and will not cave in this time. I cried nearly all the way to my cousins but now I'm here I feel a lot better. Im expecting I will feel a bit low over the next few days once it sinks in but I shall remind myself of how bad I felt when I was there with A. Things can only get better...I'm sure.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Things will get better, count on it. Try to be peac ful. Get a good night's rest. You can sort things out starting tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you! hang in there! Let us know how you are doing!((((((Hugs))))))
Old 12-01-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

:abcqThings will get better....
Keep marching forward and don't ever give up.....(that is the secret).....
Old 12-01-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for letting us know Penguin. It sure sounds like you got this. It will indeed get better even though you probably have some more tears ahead; let the tears come, they are part of the process.

Climbers keep their minds in a three foot box as they work their way up. No matter how far above the ground nor how far they have to go, they just think about the area right around them. This always seems like a good approach to life.

Big hug!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your encouragement, I feel better today than I thought I would. I've been shopping with my cousin, taken my dogs for a nice long walk and went for a meal this evening. I feel relaxed and am going to have an early night.
I've had a text off Xabf saying he's going to an addiction service on Monday to ask for a home detox and will I help him through it..I'm not falling for that one.
Loving your analogy (if that's the right word) Bekind, I shall remember it and keep it at the forefront of my mind.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you. I believe you will feel a bit lighter, even if you have some loose ends to tie up. It hurts, but the one thing that keeps me away is when I think about how I felt when I was with him. I also still have several financial ties, but it was all going to hell when I was there anyway, so I'm just taking my time with those issues. Take care of yourself.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Climbers keep their minds in a three foot box as they work their way up. No matter how far above the ground nor how far they have to go, they just think about the area right around them. This always seems like a good approach to life.
This is WONDERFUL, BKA! Thanks for sharing. Saving it in my "Wisdom of SR" folder.

Penguin, so glad you and houndies have escaped. Good work on NOT getting hooked back in by his "home detox" claims.

You're gonna be just fine. Do like dandy says and keep on marching!
Old 12-03-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

I never doubted you'd make it, from your very first post Penguin. Stay strong, don't fall for his promises.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats penguin, welcome to the club.

Stay busy and keep moving forward, life get so much better my friend.