SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   I never thought this would happen. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/400678-i-never-thought-would-happen.html)

Tinyhouse 11-19-2016 06:06 PM

I never thought this would happen.

I couldn't contact my husband/ex yesterday so I kept bugging him all night. I felt like something was wrong. He never responded so I went first thing this am to check up on him and within 30min of me getting there he passed away. I'm in shock. I know we had finalized the divorce recently but I was holding out hope that he would stop drinking and we would reconcile. I just can't believe this. It's just so senseless for a young man to lose his life to this disease. I'm heartbroken that he's gone, heartbroken that he was alone that night. I didn't realize the true severity until it was too late and he was gone. I didn't get to say goodbye. I didn't get to tell him I still loved him, regardless of the marriage papers or not.

PuzzledHeart 11-19-2016 06:14 PM

Tinyhouse, I'm so sorry. So, so sorry. I will be praying for you and your husband tonight. There will be others with more words of wisdom, but I wanted to reach out to you and tell you that this was not your fault. You loved him as best you could and even beyond that, but unfortunately love is not enough.

Alcoholism. It is not fair.

Bird615 11-19-2016 06:16 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I also lost a former partner to this disease and what comforts me is the thought that he is no longer suffering.

LifeChanges 11-19-2016 06:38 PM

I'm so sorry

PhoenixJ 11-19-2016 06:46 PM

Tiny- grief is natural and will have it's day. Stay safe and share here if you want to. I have stories as we all do. Can I offer you my prayers for you and your loved ones? I hope you find peace and remember the good things for the person you knew who passed away. That it happened was out of your control- doing the 'if only I did...' does not help. We all follow our own path. Do not under estimate the effect on you- take care of yourself.
PJ.

dandylion 11-19-2016 07:28 PM

Tinyhouse.....my heart is going out to you, tonight. I wish I could be there to hug you.
I hope you can take some comfort from Madbird's post. I, also, believe that the knowledge that their suffering is over does bring some solice...
I am sure that he knew, at some level, that you loved him.

I hope that you will post here whenever you want to express your thoughts and feelings....we all have known the pain of this disease...

HoldOnLoosely 11-19-2016 07:52 PM

Oh Tinyhouse, I'm so sorry. So heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LexieCat 11-19-2016 08:28 PM

I'm truly sorry for your loss. It's a tragic disease. You did what you could for him.

Hugs and warm thoughts,

bradly22 11-19-2016 08:37 PM

Sorry to hear this. Wish you the best.

Delilah1 11-19-2016 08:41 PM

I am so very sorry. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Mags1 11-19-2016 09:01 PM

So sorry for your loss Tinyhouse

maia1234 11-19-2016 09:05 PM

Th,
I am so sorry, none of us ever truly give up on our addicts. We always hope one day. Hugs to you and your family.

honeypig 11-19-2016 10:51 PM

Tinyhouse, my thoughts are with you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tinyhouse 11-20-2016 12:26 PM

Thank you all for your replies and kind words. Prayers are appreciated.

ChloeRose63 11-20-2016 12:32 PM

So very sorry for your loss. I was in shock when I read your post. My prayers are with you.

RevivingOphelia 11-20-2016 01:11 PM

omg I am so very sorry for your loss and pain :(

Lizzieloulou 11-20-2016 06:04 PM

How devastating for you. Life can be so confusing and astonishingly hard sometimes! Please take comfort in knowing that you loved him and did your best x

greeteachday 11-20-2016 06:29 PM

I'm so sorry; I can't imagine your pain. From everything you have written here, I am certain your husband knew that you loved him. Please know for certain that there was nothing you could have done to change this. I'm so sorry for your loss and praying for you both.

Nata1980 11-20-2016 10:04 PM

So sorry for your loss - cannot imagine your pain.

Keep coming back!

StormiNormi 11-20-2016 10:32 PM

Heartfelt prayers

Dear Tinyhouse.
No words can begin to soften the blow of such a tragic loss.
Hold onto what was good.
His death does not define his life.
Find small ways to honour that life every day.
Sending you love and prayers xo