Reassuring youngest DD

Old 11-11-2016, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reassuring youngest DD

On the way home today my youngest DD and I had a conversation about "how was daddy today".

I told her that when he and I spoke he sounded good, she said "like normal daddy?" I said yes, and she had a small smile and nodded her head like to say good.

Then she mentioned something about trust again and him driving her and I told her she didn't have to rush into a decision right now and if one day she did trust him to drive her again then that would be okay. But I told her that if one day he showed up to bring her home and she felt uncomfortable at any time she did not have to leave with him, even though he is her dad. I told her she had the power to chose and all she had to do is tell her sitter she didn't want to leave with her dad, that she would rather wait for mom. I reassured her that would be perfectly fine and I would NOT be angry with her if she wanted to do that.

I told her that I made a promise to her that I would be there for her to keep her safe and if she felt afraid, unsafe or uncomfortable in any way riding with him then I would be there for her.

It felt good to give her the power to chose what she felt was right and what she felt could keep her safe.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Doing great, KT! Excellent job of navigating this difficult family situation in a way that supports your kids.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This was so beautiful to read!