Socializing

Old 10-28-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Socializing

My DS10 just had an early birthday party. It was at a river. Fishing with 4 friends. The children had fun and I was able to socialize with some normal people. In the evening H, kids and I went out for dinner. H had 6 beers before we left and more at the restaurant. *What a contrast.* I had a different edge to me. It's always there but I guess it was so glaring between the two events in one day.
I miss having fun. I don't need to have a drink to have fun. I actually think I may have found a new friend, one of the parents. I miss getting out and trying new things. Activities that I might be interested in doing. I might miss out because I have parental responsibilities but it's also how one socializes with an A.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like it was a nice day, hearthealth. Glad you have made a friend. They are thin on the ground sometimes. Any interest in checking out Al-Anon? The groups have good strategies to help us live our lives whether our loved one is drinking or not. You don't have to be straitjacketed by your A. Peace.