Come So Far In A Short Time

Old 10-28-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Come So Far In A Short Time

Hi,
Haven't posted in a couple of weeks. Things are going well. I feel safe in my new home, and know, I don't have to move, unless I choose too, moved x2 in the last 6 months.
I've been reading over my old posts. How far I have come over the last year. I was a desperate woman, still clinging to hopes and dreams of a life that would never be. Something I couldn't see!! I was in a very unsafe situation. I still can't believe the life I was leading. Even though, it's been chaotic the last 6 months, it's been my chaos, not directly created by my AH.
My first court day is coming up this Wednesday. I'm leaving it in the hands of my lawyer, with my input. My lawyer and my AH lawyer are attending by telephone. I know that this is going to drag on! My AH doesn't care how long it drags on! He gains everything by dragging his feet. I'm putting my trust in my lawyer to do his job.
I think, I really don't care anymore how this whole situation effects anyone but me! It's taken me a long time to realize that, and really mean it.
And yes, everyone is right on this forum. My AH will be the one who pays a very high price for his behavior. Maybe not today or Tommorrow, but in the future.
I no longer care what happens to my AH. He will only be a memory in my life. I used to want to see him, and shake him, and make him understand what he's done to us!! It no longer matters! I have no desire to see him or waste my time!!
I have moved from loving my AH to not having any feelings for him at all. Actually feels kinda good.
I'm in the process of forgiving myself for allowing myself to be so fooled for so long, and making such bad choices!
It's such a nice feeling to be in control of your life again. Not being subject to daily abuse.
Thank you all very much!! Wish me luck on Wednesday. This court date, I'm sure will be the first of many.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, Zircon, you really have come a long way!!
You sound like you have yourself back....
That is the most precious commodity of all!!

I think that the initial "Shock" of dealing with the legal system has worn off a little bit....lol....
For sure, it won't be, exactly, a Maypole Dance, but, from the things that you have faced in the past, I know you will endure.......

I am wishing you Luck, Luck, Luck, on Wednesday. You are paying a lawyer to do the "fighting" for you. Your job will be just to keep breathing....
Old 10-28-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck on Wednesday, and I can just 'see' you walking taller and lighter now!
Old 10-28-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Zircon, thanks for checking in to let us know how it's going.

You sound like a completely new person--I know things are not all sunshine and rainbows for you right now, but you have indeed come a long, long way! I'm really happy for you, and I wish you well in the days to come.