Life on the other side

Old 10-27-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Life on the other side

I went a bit over 2 years single after my wreck of a life with an alcoholic.

Dated a few that instantly put up red flags.

Easy to see them and walk away from them.

Then someone got my attention. And it was so easy to see the differences. No dramas in her life. Good job Stable. Smart, easy to talk to.

It took me 3 months to start to realize that my gosh this is how it's supposed to be. When she says she will be somewhere at a certain time, she is. If she needs to change plans, she calls to explain why. She has been open in her thoughts open in her life, open about her feelings, open about her likes and dislikes.

I don't worry about what she is doing, when we aren't together. I don't worry about who she is with, or if she is up to something.

This is what I remember once upon a time. Back when you found normal people to date.

She worries I might not like her and frets over stupid things. I assure her, that from what I left, she is miles ahead of anything I've dated in awhile.

She is a physician. I felt like I could be open about dealing with how I learned about addiction and my last relationship.

She told me that she just has to remove a 3rd year resident because they had a problem with alcohol. So it's nice to be able to relax and know she gets it.

There is life on the other side. I'M living proof that you wait, don't settle, have expectations, and WAIT to find them.

They will like you for doing so.

I can't figure out what she sees in me. I'm quite a bit older. She dang sure won't have problem finding men to date.

She says she likes me for all the same reasons I like her. I'm stable, open, honest, and she doesn't think I'm going to break her heart or use her. I guess that isn't easy to come by in men either.

Get out of what isn't working. Trust me it's worth it.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So good to hear this Hangn!! I love stories of folks who have come out the other side and things are good!
Old 10-27-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's true. My bf is so disappointed when I drink because he adores me when I'm sober. Because I actually take showers and do the dishes haha.

Congrats on being a better you hang!