What I'm struggling with

Old 10-12-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What I'm struggling with

Hi All...8 days of freedom...still feeling strong...
Enjoying my home...my kids...myself....
AH has had 3 days sobriety...his goal is 90 days...90 meetings...we are in contact...mostly around the kids..but of course he keeps trying to get me emotionally....letting his fears of the unknown make him ask questions I can't answer...I'm doing my best to stay vague with my answers...to not let him have hope that we will get back together...but also being nice enough to "support" him in his journey...so that is my struggle...how or when do I stop feeling any responsibility for his sobriety? I'm done...I don't want to be with him...I am not going back...so why can't I just tell him that..
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

.how or when do I stop feeling any responsibility for his sobriety?
You stop now. Has anything you've ever done in the past made him stop drinking permanently? That answer right there tells you that you aren't responsible for his sobriety....and certainly don't have control over it. And you don't have to be a couple to support his sobriety. He's going to decide for himself to be sober or drunk, no matter what you do or say.

You can tell him you are done, or you can just have him served papers. I'm guessing that he's been warned that his drinking will lead to the end of his marriage.

Much like them, our words are meaningless without action. I am so glad you are enjoying your kids in a peaceful house, and wow - you should be very proud of your resolve, and knowing what you want! I was so wishy washy about what I wanted even though I knew what was best for me. Happy days ahead!
Old 10-13-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I needed to hear that.