# 41 (permalink)  

I NEVER do that! At least I won't again :/
Old 10-13-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firebolt View Post
Anvil, I think you should just have a signature line on every post that says
'I'M NOT YELLING, I'M JUST A CAPPER!'

heh heh. Or, "I'M JUST PASSIONATE ABOUT THAT WORD!!!!"

Honestly, I love Anvil and her caps. I always know she'll cut to the chase.

Principles, not personalities.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Guilty too. But dooley noted.
Thanks!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
i may have to just have a header on each post.....if i use CAPS i am NOT yelling!
This is what I'll have to do as well...... and yeah, that underscore thing isn't nearly as effective or easy to accomplish from some types of keyboards (like smartphones). I've never seen that anywhere except SR in all the years I've participated in forums.

I'm Sicilian. Emphasizing words in caps is the online equivalent of talking with my hands.

In all honestly, if someone is so offended by my sporadic capping as emphasis, if THAT is their takeaway after I took time to craft a careful & compassionate response, well...... that says a lot more about them than it does me, IMO. What other people think of me is none of my business; take what you want & leave the rest.

We all have use of the Ignore Function is it is so offensive to read a person's occasionally-capped responses.... it's not like we don't have some level of individual control.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

You know now, reading around the posts and seeing people using caps, I actually have started to think of them shouting, instead of emphazing, which I have always done when I saw the odd word in caps. I am annoying the heck out of myself now!
Old 10-13-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
OMG, PH--

Citations are the bane of my sad existence. I don't know what I will do when my colleague, who knows the BlueBook (legal citation formatting) by heart, goes out on maternity leave at the end of the month. I can cite almost any case, but when you start getting into journals, books, periodicals, blog posts--ugh.
True story here: I'm currently taking Constitutional Law from a professor who teaches out of a Criminal Justice program generally. The syllabus reads she wants a paper to be in MLA format. I email here that's all good and dandy but my MLA handbook doesn't cover things like Oral Arguments, Court Decisions not yet published in the Government's annual publication etc. Does she want me to use Blue Book format? She replies with a MLA URL and the words "What's the Blue Book?