Ugh, blast from the past

Old 09-26-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bwahhhhh hahahahaha... Go in Peace. Who says that?
Old 09-26-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I dunno, sounds like something from Star Trek. Oops, no, that was "Live Long and Prosper." I know they say it at the end of Mass.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yowza. What a putz.

I so enjoy people who have decided they have ESP and then stride around proclaiming their predictions in an exalted voice...because they so special.

I keep visualizing Bullwinkle..."Eenie meanie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak!"

#eyeroll
Old 09-26-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by Hangnbyathread View Post
But the fact that it came out of the blue and I was unprepared, it kept me up for 2 days afterwords.
Exactly. If I knew that, for some reason, I was going to have to deal with him again, I would get my head into the right space and deal with it like a grownup.

But this was not only "out of the blue," it was also done in a sneaky way, which doubled the "high alert" alarms.

With both him and my ex husband (second husband, who used to call me once a year or so, always drunk), I think it bugs them to no end that I refuse to engage with them.

But you know what? I own the phone. AND the computer. And I can delete and ignore at will.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

But you know what? I own the phone. AND the computer. And I can delete and ignore at will.
Yup. You pay the bills AND you have opposable thumbs! The power is all yours!
Old 09-26-2016, 02:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
which doubled the "high alert" alarms.
I absolutely can relate to how you hit the high alarm mode. I literally get into fight or flight mode, when I have to be around him.

Ticks me off that it can still happen to me after all these years.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Lexie,
OMG, (I was away all weekend so I missed all of this). I can't believe that he called on purpose. You are an expert and handled it so "professionally". I wish that I had the strength you did and just hung up.... wow!!! Good for you!! Then contacts you later and said that. I guess I am so naive that I had assumed it really was a mistake. You are so smart!! haha!!

So AXH always use to take his pot pipe and hit the side of the car to empty the screen and ashes in the pipe. (there are no ashtrays in cars anymore, not that he would keep the ashes) He would have It is tucked in his hand so no one could see it. He has done it for 30 years. This is just fuel for me to stay away as nothing changes.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
A work in progress

LOL, yeah, the more I think about it, the sillier it all becomes. So, for the sake of argument, suppose you have a "very bad feeling" that something "terrible" has happened. And, being something of a chickenshit, you call and pretend you're calling for someone else. The other person doesn't bite, but clearly sounds OK--not wheezing her last breath, not sobbing because a child just died.

Fine. You did what you felt you had to do.

So what is the POINT of then sending an email, admitting that this was all a ruse? Am I supposed to apologize for not talking to him? Be grateful I'm still in his memory bank (and phone book)? Be grateful he "cared" enough to check on me? AFAIK, he has no idea where I actually LIVE. I made it a point never to communicate that to him. If he were determined enough to find out, I'm sure he could.

Don't worry, I have no intention of doing any of those things. If he'd been straight with me, and gracefully accepted that I didn't want to talk with him, I'd have more respect for his good intentions. As it is, it's just more evidence that he hasn't changed for the better.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You always say that you are surprised that he is still alive, well he's still alive!! You wonder what his motive was, as there is always a mission to their madness. You wonder, after how long after no contact?

You handled it just like you preach to the choir!! I'm just dying!!
Old 09-27-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ugh, go in peace. So irritating and I don't even know the backstory!!! Good call on letting it roll off your back....

Not the same thing but reminds me of a note I got from a friend I had heard from out of the blue. It had been years (like 10 or more) since I heard from him. He tells me he googled my name and found my DWI mugshot - tells me I "even take a good mugshot." I was too embarrassed and ashamed to even joke with him about it. I never responded to his email, was just too triggering for me...I do expect he meant well but mentioning that he googled me and found my past record kind of ruined the exchange for me.

Go in peace. That is laugh out loud ridiculous. Keep laughing and don't let it get you down.