Too Much I am enjoying

Old 09-17-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Too Much I am enjoying

I have been out 3.5 months and been going through so many changes!
Before I left I day dreamed about what life would be like- I had so many things I wanted to do! One of my challenges is to avoid over- scheduling and I am struggling with it- because I don't want to miss anything- I guess it is like being on a budget or a diet. I work part-time and started with 2 bands 2 weeks ago- and then I was invited to play in two more bands, and I haven't even started them but I already feel a bit overwhelmed. When I play music it is joy and focussing on something beautiful or interesting- and the people in the bands are so nice. I have been invited to visit at the beach by two different people and I want to go but not if I miss band!! Anyway it seems like other things are falling by the way and I have to come to some kind of balance. I dropped out of a choir, and haven't been to my hiking group- and I still work part time and want to get to alanon, have time to read and for friends and movies. I think i need to realize I won't be able to do everything at once- need to make some decisions and stick with them.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've realized what a huge and wonderful world is out there, now that you're not all wrapped up in life w/an A! I think an urge to overdo it is understandable...so much fun to have, so many great experiences, and life is so short!

I'm certain you'll find a balance as time goes on. Have fun getting there!
Old 09-17-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep on enjoying. God bless you. This is what life can be like. ��
Old 09-17-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I was the same way, when I got sober. I never wanted to go to bed because there was so much STUFF to enjoy. A new life is a precious gift. You'll find your balance eventually. For now, experiment and enjoy.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wonderful post qtpi!! I loved reading it.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a GREAT problem to have - too many great things to choose from!!! I am SO happy for you & like others have said, I'm sure it'll settle into a better balance for you in time. HAVE FUN!
(literally, apparently! )
Old 09-19-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This is awesome. As others have said, you'll find your balance. It's okay to immerse in goodness for a while. Hugs to you!