New here...newly sober husband but unhappy

Old 09-15-2016, 11:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't had a moment to check back in but I want to thank each of you for commenting and sharing some very helpful advice. I need to stop worrying about him and focus more on me. I need to stop feeling bad that we are at the place that we are at. It isn't my fault. I've been trying to do as I feel and go from there. I am happy he is on the right road and I want him to continue but he does need to stop pressuring me to give him the affection he so desperately wants. If he truly respects me and my feelings he should be patient. I will be on this board more often and I'm thankful you're all here.
Old 09-15-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am happy he is on the right road and I want him to continue but he does need to stop pressuring me to give him the affection he so desperately wants. If he truly respects me and my feelings he should be patient.
Very true...............

Last edited by atalose; 09-15-2016 at 11:23 AM. Reason: quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My AW gives me crap about no affection. We haven't had 'relations' in 6 years. I have no desire to be intimate with someone who has more of a love with something else - the bottle.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anxietygirl1982 View Post
.... Sorry I haven't had a moment to check back in....
No worries You check in whenever you want to. This is a "zero pressure" zone, no expectations on you at all. You can just read and not write, or check in tomorrow, or whatever you want. We will be here for you just the same

Mike
Moderator, SR
Old 09-15-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It is completely understandable that you would feel numbness/anger/hatred ETC toward someone who attempted to kill you. Perpetrators of violence who try to strangle their partners are considered extremely dangerous and high-risk in the domestic violence world--that is crossing a line that is potentially fatal and sadly, most people who have been violent with partners will escalate the violence over time if they don't get help that is specifically geared towards stopping the domestic violence. Sobriety is not a safeguard.

You owe him nothing and please put your safety first. Having a solid safety plan in place should he become violent again is very important. You can learn more here:

Home

or call:
1.800.799.SAFE (7233) They can talk to you about a safety plan, risk factors, and resources.

Only you can decide what is best for you and your family, but please arm yourself with resources and information so that you can make the best possible decision for yourself.

Big hugs to you.