Having irrational thoughts...

Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
Perhaps your ex is friends with my ex. Same fricking deal. Excuse me while I trigger.

I know a couple people in the creative field. And they don't stay in their rooms and drink themselves stupid. They HUSTLE like I've never seen people hustle because they know you can't make art if you can't eat. The ones who hold their heads up highest are the ones with second jobs because they don't want to continually rely on the Bank of Mom and Dad or BF/GF. And they RESPECT people who have the steady 9 to 5 jobs because those people are the audience and the inspiration for their art.

Poet and artist. I'm sorry, moron is more like it.
LOL. Another trigger-ER here.

My XAH must be related to "your" A's ladies in my case - ex MIL is on board - she was complaining the other day as to how hard it is for her son to pay child support and that I need to be more patient.
XMIL: "He works so hard, he is so busy, there is just not enough funds he is brining in"
ME: "Well he teaches at the uni once a week, sounds like he has time for another job. In fact, I just saw Wal-Mart advert - they are hiring at $9 per hour! And Starbucks has health insurance for all - that could be an option".
XMIL: "Well, it is important for some people to do what they love to do, unlike you - you will do anything" (I am a professional and love my job, but it is too "dry and not artsy enough" for them)

Bless. Their. Hearts.

Terminal Uniqueness for sho.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nata1980 View Post
LOL. Another trigger-ER here.
XMIL: "Well, it is important for some people to do what they love to do, unlike you - you will do anything" (I am a professional and love my job, but it is too "dry and not artsy enough" for them)

Bless. Their. Hearts.

Terminal Uniqueness for sho.
This. I do think more narcissistic individuals are attracted to the arts than many other fields. And while I absolutely respect and enjoy artistic talent, the ego and smug superiority that goes along with certain "artists" is sickening. I'm also really disgusted with how much the world at large romanticizes addiction (as well as other mental illnesses) specifically when it comes to artists. This seems to give people like my exAbf an excuse to continue drinking or doing drugs (tortured artist syndrome) for the sake of their art.