A little down today...

Old 09-02-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A little down today...

Hi friends,

All is well with my RAH. I guess I am just having one of those days.
I feel like 2016 is just a bad dream that I haven't and can't wake up from.

No matter how hard we try this year we get just one foot ahead of the game and then have to take 25 steps back.

Let's face it - Since January 1st our lives have been in a vortex. My RAH was sick from that day until the day he checked himself into the hospital for help. So pretty much 6 months of being basically "alone" at home. He was present and accounted for but mentally and physically had checked out. Not to mention my teenage daughter was caught up in high school drama, had been cutting herself and needed therapy. All the while I am uncertain of my employment status at my work and let's not forget how my youngest child is suffering from all the chaos going on at home....

Fast forward to today - I am currently unemployed. My RAH has recently had to have outpatient surgery (he is able to work, thank goodness) which has him BACK on restrictions so I am back on full time duty again and just yesterday our water heater went out.

OMG, enough already!

I do have a lot to be thankful for - I should mention that my RAH is doing very well in both his alcohol recovery and his post surgery. We found help for my teenager and she is flourishing again, feeling so much better and no longer cutting herself. My youngest is just moving right along and ready to start her last year in elementary school. We have money to pay our bills, water, electricity, food in the cabinet and on our table.

I just find myself very overwhelmed by it all today. It just feels like it is always something. I am just ready to put this all behind us and get back to our "normal" life.

Sorry for the ramble and if none of this makes any sense but sometimes I just have to type it all out to help me feel better.

Thanks for reading...

~Triggers
Old 09-02-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Aw, sweetie, I'm sorry it's been such a rough year. But truly, things have progressed in a good direction in almost every respect. I think what might be missing is your taking the time to take care of YOU. All that stuff wears a person out, and self-care is so, SO important.

I know how an appliance disaster feels like a pile-on, but in the overall scheme of things it's an annoyance and an expense, but that's all.

What can you do for YOU? Can you give yourself a few days off--even if it's just a "staycation" where other people handle the STUFF that needs to get done?
Old 09-02-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Big hug to you KTT!! Sometimes just showing up for life can be so hard!!

Hope you can get a walk in or something that takes care of you!
Old 09-02-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Aw, sweetie, I'm sorry it's been such a rough year. But truly, things have progressed in a good direction in almost every respect. I think what might be missing is your taking the time to take care of YOU. All that stuff wears a person out, and self-care is so, SO important.

I know how an appliance disaster feels like a pile-on, but in the overall scheme of things it's an annoyance and an expense, but that's all.

What can you do for YOU? Can you give yourself a few days off--even if it's just a "staycation" where other people handle the STUFF that needs to get done?
Well I will get my nails and toes done ALONE today. That will be at least two hours to myself and this weekend I am hanging out with one of my best friends. Of course we will have the kids with us but hey can entertain themselves (I hope)....

I think the two hours at the nail salon will be totally relaxing!
Old 09-03-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending lots of good thoughts your way. You have faced so much this year and are doing a great job getting through it. I hope you have a restful weekend and take care of you.💗