Weak Moments

Old 08-19-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weak Moments

Just venting. I am having a very weak moment. In disbelief that this all happened. In disbelief that he actually ended up choosing alcohol over me again .... I just want this whole thing to be years away. Feeling like I don't want to be home alone on this forum and crying but also feeling like going out is so much energy. I haven't missed a day of work. Heck I even got my hair done this morning and have three huge work things going on today. I am committed to no contact. I just feel like a zombie sometimes. I feel like there are certain friends that just "want me to be over it" but I am not . I am angry, I am hurt, I feel sick to my stomach sometimes... I feel like i want to binge watch netflix and cry until I fall asleep...
Old 08-19-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

****...go ahead and bingewatch Netflix and cry.......
You might want to do the wailing wall exercise, also. that was a big help for me....

dandylion
Old 08-19-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi LoveyKaye.... I had a Doc tell my once cry sweetheart for it wash all the posion out of your system.. maybe you need to do that to regain a balance.. I have times where the tears just won't end... if I am alone it helps.. for its hard to explain sometimes.. to others.. I am not sad or upset .. just need to cry.... sometimes music sets me off or a movie or thoughts of friends gone.. but then give it a few hours and pop I feel so much better.. hugs LovelyKaye.. and prayers for a better tomorrow.. wisconsin
Old 08-19-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Work on BELIEVING it. ACCEPTING it.

Yes, it was a horrible, sucky thing, but it happened. And there is no going back--it's like a house burned down or someone died.

But YOU didn't die.

I think what wears us out is all the wishing it hadn't happened, trying to figure out a way to make it NOT have happened. Still looking for a way to fix it.

It isn't fixable. Let go of your own resistance.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Those moments aren't weak...they're human. It just hasn't been that long and you do cycle in and out of disbelief, anger, and sadness. You're grieving.

For what it's worth, I don't think he ever consciously thought to himself, "Hmmm...girlfriend or booze? Booze it is!" At his point in addiction, he's mostly impulse-directed, and the impulse is to drink first and foremost. It wouldn't matter if you were Angelina Curie Rockefeller, unless you come in a bottle, you don't matter.

Weirdly, it isn't even personal. All the things that make someone a good person--integrity, empathy, loyalty, kindness--have just been washed out of him, to the extent they were ever there.

It will get better. You're coping really well.
Old 08-19-2016, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Guy Friend : "How is your new and improved girlfriend?"( what the ****)
My boyfriend: "well she knows not to tell me what to do anymore"
Guy Friend: "Oh so you can have sex with other girls and she can't with other guys?"
My boyfriend: "Ya I wish"
Guy Friend: "Are you sure you want to do be in a long term relationship"
My boyfriend: "Well she helps pay the rent and helps me with my kids"

Kaya
I want you to re-read your very first post here. ^^^^^ That in itself should **** you off enough to the point of getting back on track. Really?? What a douche.

Seems to me that he took advantage of a wonderful woman with a good heart. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror girl. Can you see her? Can you see that girl that had faith in a man that didn't deserve her??
You are going to have days like this unfortunately. Days where you think "what the heck just happened?" When I have days like that I turn my thoughts to all the crappy things I allowed, you hear that? I allowed for him to do and get away with. No one, and I mean no one, should have to walk around on eggshells waiting for the bottom to drop out just because the wind blew the wrong way that day. Got it???
So pick your head up and move this way >>>>>>>>>>
You've got this, I know you do!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much. Every one of these resonated with me. I really appreciate all of your responses. I was at work today and checked these from my phone and it helped so much Thank you
Old 08-19-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lilro View Post
Guy Friend : "How is your new and improved girlfriend?"( what the ****)
My boyfriend: "well she knows not to tell me what to do anymore"
Guy Friend: "Oh so you can have sex with other girls and she can't with other guys?"
My boyfriend: "Ya I wish"
Guy Friend: "Are you sure you want to do be in a long term relationship"
My boyfriend: "Well she helps pay the rent and helps me with my kids"

Kaya
I want you to re-read your very first post here. ^^^^^ That in itself should **** you off enough to the point of getting back on track. Really?? What a douche.

Seems to me that he took advantage of a wonderful woman with a good heart. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror girl. Can you see her? Can you see that girl that had faith in a man that didn't deserve her??
You are going to have days like this unfortunately. Days where you think "what the heck just happened?" When I have days like that I turn my thoughts to all the crappy things I allowed, you hear that? I allowed for him to do and get away with. No one, and I mean no one, should have to walk around on eggshells waiting for the bottom to drop out just because the wind blew the wrong way that day. Got it???
So pick your head up and move this way >>>>>>>>>>
You've got this, I know you do!
A month ago this would've been hard to read and today it is a blessing..I think I might be growing a little. Thank you for the reminder
Old 08-19-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes you are growing Lovelykaya!! Keep doing it beautiful woman!

I like Aries comment about Angelina Curie Rockefeller. There is part of me that still believes that I'm so special that he should have chosen me over drugs but I know that just isn't how reality works but it does hurt!

Big big hug to you!!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LovelyKaya33333 View Post
In disbelief that he actually ended up choosing alcohol over me again .
I read your threads here and there, Kaya. Such a painful time in your life. Unfortunately, it takes time to move through the stages of grief. There's no way around it - you have to go through it. Try not to take it personally (alcohol over you). It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him.

I recently read a book (The Four Agreements) and I found myself drawn to the 2nd agreement, Don't Take Things Personally. It shifted my mindset and within a matter of weeks I slowly began to let things go that had kept me somewhat stuck...and I started to move forward. I thought I would share it with you in the hopes it may offer you some comfort.

Take care of yourself and go ahead and binge on Netflix movies.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kaya,

I remember going through that. I just couldn't stop thinking about what I should have done, or shouldn't have done. I was so full of self blame. I do think that sometimes we become as addicted to trying to fix things, as an alcoholic is addicted to drinking. Well, that's what it was in my case. I was overly blamed because it was my second marriage. It was, you couldn't satisfy your first husband, now your failing again. Truth---- Both my first and second husband were abusive.

It takes a lot to decide "no contact". Stick with that, you did that for a reason. We're always here when you want to vent, or just need a hug.

Netflix, (a comedy) and ice cream sound really good !!!!!!

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
amy

I hope tomorrow is better for you.