How to get rid of drunk wife/mother?

Old 09-04-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Not sure what is happening with the restraining order or her return to the home or not, but I will offer this- that I learned the hard way with Child Protective Services in my state.

If there is a report of imminent danger to kids (driving drunk with them, domestic violence in the home when they are present etc...) and the abused parent allows the abusive one to continue to subject the children to harm (however indirectly), BOTH parents can potentially face child endangerment charges.

Fortunately, for me, being told this was the wake up call I needed years ago and I slammed the door shut for good on my xAH.

I don't know how your state views things like this but as you are navigating this process and your wife, keep in mind that you are likely to be viewed as the parent that CAN be relied upon to protect the kids and worrying at all about your wife, or letting her back into your home etc (not that you are- just saying this hypothetically) could be viewed as you putting your kids in harms way just the same as your wife is...