TGIF! What are you doing for YOU this weekend?

Old 09-09-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I missed this thread last weekend because it was a hell week of boundary-holding while everyone around me just lost their marbles. I'm talking my RAH, DD (to some degree), BFF, mom, sis, boss & a few clients. When I found myself trying to talk someone "down" from their conspiracy theory ideas I finally had had enough & retreated to self-preservation/isolation mode.

Starting last weekend & through THIS weekend I have:

* established some new boundaries
* said NO to a lot of stuff that didn't serve my best interests
* caught up on some extra sleep
* said YES to a rescheduled night out with friends on the beach... and had a flipping blast dancing through the hot summer night.
* scheduled time for "Nothing" and then practiced it until I got it right
* colored the heck out of my mandala masterpiece, lol
* reached out to a good friend that I hadn't talked to in too long & made plans for dinner tonight. I can't wait to catch up!
* had an acupuncture treatment & scheduled another
* had a 60-min reflexology massage & then soaked in Epsom salts/magnesium until I felt like jello
* ordered concert tix for a show I want to see
* scheduled a haircut
* picked up a heart rate monitor on clearance & have been learning to use it
* had ice cream for breakfast today because, well, sometimes you just have to spoil yourself
* purged all of my old makeup/nail polishes & bought all new bacteria-free brushes..... I like being a girl & never learned to cultivate my girlie side as a child/teen so this is one of the ways that I really show myself self-care now as an adult. (we were actually raised to believe that this kind of self-care was nothing but selfish & that's so very not true.)

No telling what else is in store for me - the weekend has hardly begun!

HAPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oh, I also started experimenting with this hair styling method for curly/wavy hair called "plopping". I thought it was a joke until I saw the results, ha!

DD has super thick, long curls so doing this overnight method has worked great on her hair & saved her lots of time in the mornings but I'm still experimenting with it since my hair is thinner & seems to be in the middle of changing from curly to wavy.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

FireSprite, it sounds like you had to get out every single tool in your recovery toolbox in order to cope--good work!

And "plopping" hair? Who knew?

Hope your weekend is GREAT!

Old 09-09-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

The older I get, the more I like Fridays

I work tomorrow, so I'm getting a 3 mile walk in before work (part of my commute). Then doing dinner and a movie at home with the kids. Sunday will be catch up on everything day - shopping, laudry, homework check ins - and a trip to the gym & post gym diy spa treatment. I took my birthday week off from the gym. Well that turned into a month! I enjoy going, but sometimes I get lost in the shuffle!

I laid down some firm boundaries last week with AH. I just realized that I am finally living in a decidedly drug and alcoholic free house for the first time in my entire life, and I'm 45! WTH took me so long?!
Old 09-09-2016, 12:20 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I am going to the Sheep and Wool Festival! How fun does THAT sound? A spinning/knitting/sheep-raising friend of my mom's is showing a couple of sheep there and wanted to do a ewe/lamb class, but needed a handler for the lamb and my mom isn't quite steady enough on her feet to do it. Guess who got called on?

So I'm showing a sheep tomorrow! Plus the 3 of us will be spinning/plying/knitting in the sheep barn for the education and/or amusement of passersby. Thank heavens the temps are supposed to drop as well as the humidity.

Wish me luck, as I went to this event last year also and saw some VERY naughty lambs in the ewe/lamb class, one in particular that was leaping and springing and charging about like a tarpon on a line, much to the frustration of its handler! Sure hope that's not me this year...

Old 09-09-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

And just for the heck of it:

We like to move it, move it!! (I just adore King Julien!)

Old 09-09-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

The Sheep and Wool festival sounds awesome! I haven't knitted anything in a while. I have so much yarn in my house I could probably knitbomb the whole thing.

My mom's scans show no growth, so going out with my parents this weekend to celebrate that (Yay!). I have a 16 miler to crawl through on Sunday, but the weather looks nice so it won't be the aquarium slog that characterized last month's long runs.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

My show starts previews tonight! I am terrified, I have never had a role like this before, and I have no idea what people will make of it.

Luckily, my office is moving floors and we all had to work from home today to accommodate the movers. I would be so tense if I had to go into the office today!
Old 09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

This weekend is going to be my clean house weekend.
My maternity leave is coming to an end at the end of next month :-(.
Once I go back to work I want a very organized home so I'm not overwhelmed between managing a household, demanding job, with a baby/toddler. Last weekend we got rid of all our junk.
This weekend is being spent cleaning windows, donating clothes, probably tossing more junk, and cleaning every nook and cranny- behind furniture, major appliances, and counters and drawers.
I've spent the better part of day with a jump start on it and already knocked the living room and those windows off my list. Just starting the kitchen which will be a much bigger challenge.
Also making a list of things we need: filing cabinet, toy box etc.
And things I need to do next week like update my resume, take a cpr/first aid course, and get an updated criminal record check so I can start applying for the jobs I want.

I've been allowing myself to slack too much. Time to clean house, and jump start my life and career and get back on track!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-09-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Your weekends all sound so fun, and FS - i MUST try the plopping!!! But my big curly hair hasn't seen a comb since 1992....

HP - the wool festival sound right up your alley - FUN!

KBF - Your weekend does NOT sound fun, but will be so fulfilling when it's done. Clean space is the BEST!

SK - Good luck!!

PH and Carolino - CONGRATS!!!

Have fam coming to town this weekend, bbq with friends tonight, and maybe catch a fish or 3 this weekend. HAPPY FRIDAY!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I am going to my cabin in the mountains. Both work and play. Taking the RZR for a ride but also have to clean up the mess the drug addict burglar made.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Plans as follows:

1) Run/walk/ambulate at least 10 miles between two days
2) Organize the closet - dread it but it starts to affect my mental health
3) Gardening
4) Pool
5) DS's first tennis lesson
6) knitting/crocheting

So nothing special really, slow domestic weekend. Thinking about Greek festival - but it will be high 90s - and I am so over the heat
Old 09-09-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Packing and cleaning. Get out and get some sunshine. Get my hair cut. Take the kiddo to a movie he wants to see.
Old 09-09-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

This evening I went to a wine tasting event at a neighbors house. Nice evening but I am whipped. Spent last weekend in San Francisco, came back late Monday evening and went into work on Tuesday. I can't wait to sleep in ( I hope ) tomorrow. Still haven't finished unpacking, it's been such a busy week!
Other than chilling out, cleaning the house and doing laundry I have no plans... I hope it stays that way! That San Fran trip is definately a going to be a new post. First time I ventured out ( and out of my comfort zone ) with a man since my split back in November with my Xabf. Saving that post for when I am not so brain dead!
Happy Weekend Friends! Enjoy!!
Old 09-10-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
I am going to the Sheep and Wool Festival! How fun does THAT sound? A spinning/knitting/sheep-raising friend of my mom's is showing a couple of sheep there and wanted to do a ewe/lamb class, but needed a handler for the lamb and my mom isn't quite steady enough on her feet to do it. Guess who got called on?

Nice! I grew up in NH and I remember in the 4th grade we had a class visitor teach us how to to turn the sheep...sheer? fuzz? fluff? into yarn. It was so fun and one of my favorite memories from elementary school. Really helped me appreciate earlier times when you couldn't just go buy a sweater!