When did you start dating again?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I hear you Nata... makes me wonder if these guys were just waiting for me to become single haha I kinda like this being single thing even though there's a big part of me that's misses a lot of the good parts about being with a man.

I'm not interested in any of them and if I am and look closer into why has nothing to do with who they are as a person but rather what they would fulfill for me.... constant company, someone to lift heavy things, someone to go to dinner with, someone to sleep next to... I have way too much work to do on myself to worry about this right now anyway idk what I was thinking even entertaining that thought right now. I think it'll be at LEAST a year before I'm in a spot to start thinking about it. I'm just over the five month mark now and I still feel a ways away
Old 08-17-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SulfuricSplash View Post
I think I'm doomed to be alone forever. Nothing ever works out for me. If someone hit on me I don't know if I'd cling on to him or punch him in the face right now.Maybe I'm just not meant to ever get married.
I feel like that sometimes too. It's hard to be alone for a very long time when you don't really want to be. I'm good at being alone. I was alone for years before I was married and I've been alone for years after. I was young and childless before marriage - which was a little different/easier. I don't want to be alone all the time and certainly not forever so I try not to think like that or it gets to be to much and I sink. I'm trying to be strong and happy by myself. Some days more successfully than others.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:55 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Was married 20yrs 1mo and 11 days. Dated for 2 years before marriage. It took me two years before I started thinking about dating.