Thank You

Old 07-27-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You

This is my first post, new to SR, but I have already learned so much and have found such comfort here... I am two weeks out breaking up with AXBF with NC....I must say that when I broke up with him and asked him to leave me alone with NC I didn't really understand what that meant until I started reading stories and advice given here...I would have totally folded...So many wise individuals here and I want to thank you... I am so glad this is where I can come for guidance,strength, and support. I was not familiar with addiction or co-dependency and now I am educating myself from the resources suggested...Thank You!!
Old 07-27-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So proud of you AHH186!
Old 07-27-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you...today has been a "good" day for me...any suggestions on the grieving process would be welcomed...
Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The grieving progress is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. Prepare yourself well
Old 07-27-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rae is right. Prepare yourself. It takes time. It'll come in waves. When it used to hit me at work where I couldn't go find a corner and cry, I would pick up a scrap of paper and write or scribble or jot a few words or draw a picture. Anything to release some feelings. Then I'd cry when I got home.

Sounds like you're doing well with NC. That was always so hard for me, until the final time we broke up. Keep that up, and if you don't have a plan for diverting your thoughts when you want to see/talk to him, come up with one. Phone a friend, go for a walk, do hot yoga, whatever it takes. Or spill your thoughts on paper instead of to him.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here are links to part 1 and part 2 of a reading about healing the loss of a dream:

https://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/p...ner-112011.pdf

https://www.cottonwooddetucson.com/p...ner-112011.pdf

I've found it helpful myself and hope you do too. Welcome to SR--you're making great progress!