Louise Hay

Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Louise Hay

I am just finishing up "You Can Heal Your Heart" by Louise Hay, and it is exactly what I needed at this moment. Thanks, Universe, for sending it my way!

If anyone else would like to take a look at Louise Hay's work (she is a prolific writer), this is a link to her site, which apparently has a radio station you can listen to as well as access to free talks and meditations: Audio - Listen To Free Meditations and Motivational Speeches On Spirituality, Healing, & More From Hay House Authors - HealYourLife.com

This site http://www.learnoutloud.com/ called LearnOutLoud, has a ton of great free audio resources also. The section for Louise Hay is here: Louise Hay Audio

Old 07-24-2016, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting this link, HP.

I am a big fan of Louise Hay. Devoured her books in my 30s. Will be lovely to be able to listen to this.

Enjoying building my collection of wonderful things to listen to. 😊

It's funny, I was just coming to the end of the material I had to listen to. Wondering where to go next. You filled that gap with the two links you have recently put on here, HP.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny how that "next right thing" to read or listen to seems to find us at just the right time...!

I have sometimes felt like I should have a more orderly or directed approach to my reading/listening materials, but it seems that things fall into place just fine as it is. I have times where I am just marinating in recovery/healing/inspirational materials and every time I sit down to read or listen, I'm putting on something that I listen to with purpose and intent.

Then I have times where I have had my fill of that sort of thing and just want a nice tense courthouse thriller or a total escape from reality in fantasy. I used to feel guilty about "wasting time" on recreational reading/audio when I clearly had so much work to do on myself, but I've since decided to just go w/the flow. If the recovery work feels too hard and there is too much resistance, I suspect I'm not ready for it right now. "Trying softer" is a new concept for me, and one that works pretty well when I can remember to do it!
Old 07-24-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Funny how that "next right thing" to read or listen to seems to find us at just the right time...!

I have sometimes felt like I should have a more orderly or directed approach to my reading/listening materials, but it seems that things fall into place just fine as it is. I have times where I am just marinating in recovery/healing/inspirational materials and every time I sit down to read or listen, I'm putting on something that I listen to with purpose and intent.

Then I have times where I have had my fill of that sort of thing and just want a nice tense courthouse thriller or a total escape from reality in fantasy. I used to feel guilty about "wasting time" on recreational reading/audio when I clearly had so much work to do on myself, but I've since decided to just go w/the flow. If the recovery work feels too hard and there is too much resistance, I suspect I'm not ready for it right now. "Trying softer" is a new concept for me, and one that works pretty well when I can remember to do it!
Yes, I find things normally appear at the right time. I am finding as I move along with the right rhythm of life for me. Things appear.

I used to rush along at a manic speed. Drive myself and those around me crazy. I discovered I no longer had to do that. Thankfully.

I also used to feel I had to work on myself all the time. That time listening to music or light funny things was time wasted. Strange how we think that. We are so hard on ourselves.

I ordered myself a really pretty pair of shoes this morning. On Ebay. Had a relaxing time picking them out. Me time. Very feminine, mid height heels. Perfect for me. The soft me! 😊
Old 07-24-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's good to care for yourself, and I also have an odd synchronicity for finding
materials I need to read at a particular time. . .

Somebeings got our back, clearly
Old 07-24-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That book is on my To Read list, thank you for sharing.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bumping to add 2 meditation suggestions

I wanted to bump this thread to share 2 meditations from Louise Hay that I've been using w/some regularity and really feeling some benefits from. Both are centered on gratitude. There is one for the AM and one for the PM:

Here is the AM one:

And here is the PM one:

I find her voice so comforting and relaxing, and I find it easy to follow along w/her guidance in both meditations. Almost never do I remain awake till the end of the PM session; it puts me to sleep very quickly!
Old 08-28-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm guessing that most of you already know this, since I'm so far from the cutting edge of technology myself, but just in case:

1) The videos can easily be downloaded from YouTube. The advantage of this is that once the video you're listening to ends, it doesn't automatically roll into the next one on the list as it would if you just play it off the internet. (Getting up to click off the computer is counterproductive if you're trying to go to sleep...)

2) The audio can be converted to mp3 or mp4 and downloaded separately from the video, saving space in your computer and also making it so you can play it on your phone or other device.

As I say, I'm not an expert by any means, but if you need some low-tech help w/any of this, PM me and I'll do what I can.