AW Did it this time

Old 07-27-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

So very very sorry Hayfmr that this is what you need to do. And it does indeed sound like the right thing.

May legions of angels bombard you and your family now and in the months to come.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

She sent some strange text messages today so this evening I went to check on her. Drunk like always. Now she is mad at me for not saving her. Sorry honey it dosent work like that. Years ago I made that mistake and it did not work. I kept stressing to her that she needs to call the professionals she already deals with and ask for help. They wont talk to me if I call them. I did not tell her what I did today either. She will find out soon enough. I want my plan in place first.

On the way out I spotted her vodka bottle so I stole it. Wont make any difference but it felt good to swipe it. I am not much of a drinker but I thought I would sample it just to see what its like. Holy crap how can anyone drink that stuff. Tastes like gasoline.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Or lighter fluid.

I'm sorry this has to happen, but will keep you all in my prayers as well.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ugh. As if you could save her. Goodness. I am so sorry.

Yes, that stuff is awful, it's amazing people just drink it straight. Yuck.

Sending a big hug!
Old 07-31-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

AW agreed to go for help Friday. Was getting the run around at the local mental health facility that she has been in before so she went to the hospital. I was mad and left her there. Yesterday she calls wanting some clean clothes. She is now at the local detox facility. So today I finally decided that even though I didn't want to I needed to go see her. Its amazing how much better she is when she is not drunk. She is planning to go back to treatment again for the 6th time. Then move into the empty rental unit we own where she has been staying for the last 2 weeks. I think she has hopes of saving our marriage but I have been thru this too many times before. Have absolutely no trust in her.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hayfmr View Post
AW agreed to go for help Friday. Was getting the run around at the local mental health facility that she has been in before so she went to the hospital. I was mad and left her there. Yesterday she calls wanting some clean clothes. She is now at the local detox facility. So today I finally decided that even though I didn't want to I needed to go see her. Its amazing how much better she is when she is not drunk. She is planning to go back to treatment again for the 6th time. Then move into the empty rental unit we own where she has been staying for the last 2 weeks. I think she has hopes of saving our marriage but I have been thru this too many times before. Have absolutely no trust in her.
Good luck man
My wife just went to rehab for the first time and i pray im not in your situation in a year or two (mine did the blackout drunk sex with a random guy-of which still makes me want to run) but im gonna give it one more try
Old 08-01-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sorry Hayfmr. Theres not much left without trust, is there? Enjoy your peace while she is away. (((HUGS)))
Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I think she has hopes of saving our marriage but I have been thru this too many times before. Have absolutely no trust in her.
I can't blame you one bit Hay - FIVE previous attempts at recovery is not something that you can build trust on. I'm guessing you are proceeding with filing for divorce?

I hope you are getting time for yourself amid all this chaos - meetings, therapy, fishing, sports - whatever you like to do to decompress & get some "me" time.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You will have half the money but 100% serenity.......sanity.....safety and security and no stinky smoke.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mxdad2003 View Post
Good luck man
My wife just went to rehab for the first time and i pray im not in your situation in a year or two (mine did the blackout drunk sex with a random guy-of which still makes me want to run) but im gonna give it one more try
My AW would drink to blackout too but she was a closet drinker at home. I hope yours gets it and she very well may but in my case she has proven I cant trust her long term.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I can't blame you one bit Hay - FIVE previous attempts at recovery is not something that you can build trust on. I'm guessing you are proceeding with filing for divorce?

I hope you are getting time for yourself amid all this chaos - meetings, therapy, fishing, sports - whatever you like to do to decompress & get some "me" time.
That's exactly what I am doing. Lots of other fish in the sea, I don't need to spend the rest of my life with an untrustworthy drunk
Old 08-01-2016, 04:13 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Carol Star View Post
You will have half the money but 100% serenity.......sanity.....safety and security and no stinky smoke.
Their is a saying that goes around. Do you know why divorces are so expensive? Because they are worth it.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Their is a saying that goes around. Do you know why divorces are so expensive? Because they are worth it.
This is so very sad and waaaaay too often the absolute truth.

Whatever it costs, may it be worth it to you and your family.

May every blessing come to you.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good people bad disease.