Changes

Old 07-01-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Changes

Hi everyone! I'm making some changes in my life -- an out of state move and yes it involves Mr. Harley and his wonderful daughter. I'm working on a new real estate license for the new state, which I'm excited about and have found a boutique firm that will take me on as an apprentice since I'll be new to the area. I'll never be in a position I can't take care of myself again. Biggest mistake of my life! Little House on the Prairie just doesn't exist, at least not in my world.

Getting out to a whole new place will be very good, but I'll keep my grandmothers home for one of my sons. The peace over the last 1.7yrs since exAH left me for his drink started out rough, but overall things have been amazing. Everything isn't roses nor do I expect it to be and that's ok. Two of my 4 sons graduated in May leaving only one at home and he graduates HS next year. Sadly, as soon as he turned 18 in May he moved back into his dads house and let me know he no longer has to do anything I say. Well, Ok then, I'm moving on, but I'll always be available if needed. I get it, I was a teen once too...dad is still the drunk good time charlie. Actions have consequences and there's nothing more I can do for him accept watch.

I came back and re-read my posts over the past years. It's hard to swallow all that I allowed to happen to me and my kids while stuck in denial. It was a good reminder and I am so thankful things are different today. I wouldn't change a thing. What I've learned and continue to learn is so very valuable. I hope others will see the value in what they learn as they heal from the effects of this disease. It's golden.

I may not be here often but I do think on many of you and the advice given that's fits all relationships. Hugs to you all!
Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are sounding pretty darn good Katchie!!! So happy that things have calmed down and you are living life on lifes terms!!

Sending hugs my friend, keep it up!!
Old 07-01-2016, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Katchie!!!!! So good to hear from you and hear of all these great things in your life. Freedom from alcoholism is a wonderful thing. Life is good and so sweet!!

Hugs!!
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh WOW. I am so happy for you!

Has it been near 2 years? Time goes so fast. I remember the posts about leaving or not, and what to do with the house and kids, stay or go.

Now look at you, happy, moving with Mr. Harley living life.

That's what its all about
Old 07-01-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It does make you pause, spending time with someone who treats you so well and makes you a priority, when you think back to all the supposed "good behavior" that kept you hanging in with the alcoholic. I'm experiencing that now.
Our standards can get lowered down so far that anything slightly better than garbage looks attractive.
Katchie, you are an inspiration, shining in recovery and in life. So happy for you. Congrats on your awesome career and sweet romance.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear you are happy, taking care of you, and have love in your life
that's the quality you deserve.

Good luck in the new state with your new job and Mr. Harley
Old 07-02-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Katchie.....lol...I remember your struggle and journey so well!
Your update warms my heart,,,,I am so proud of you!!
"Little house o n the Prarie"---LOL...LOL...

dandylion

***hearing an update, such as yours is such a comfort and inspiration for newbies who may be hurting terribly....
Old 07-02-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad for the anonymity of this forum, but my goodness...how nice it would be to sit real time and have a cup of coffee with you all. I didn't have a sponsor I really felt comfortable with, but you all were the perfect match. Hugs, laughter, and coffee real time would be so very nice!
Old 07-02-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

^ agreed
Old 07-03-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Safe travels on your road, Katchie!
Old 07-03-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

What an awesome update! We've missed you around here, but when someone is gone because they're off LIVING LIFE, then that's a good thing!

Best of luck with the move and the new job--you are a whole new YOU.
Old 07-03-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What an awesome update, Katchie!!!