Needing a vent!

Old 06-23-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Needing a vent!

Hi folks

So I'm an ACOA. RAM has been 15 months sober and I'm so very proud of her. We take it one day at a time but she works hard everyday to follow her path of sobriety.

My problem is my neighbours, I just need a vent really!

We have had some refurbishment works done to our house last year which was a nightmare as we used our neighbours company, to cut a long story short they screwed up some works and we complained (water coming through our new roof) our neighbour who never done any work on the house has fallen out with us as we dared to moan about his company (he's only an employee not the owner) My partner went to the neighbours to try to work it out like an adult does but they didn't want to, so we left them to it and got on with our lives. Lots of disputes later we finally sorted things out with the company and they agreed to us fixing the roof ourselves with the retention we held back. Last week my new roofers come up and repaired my roof, so happy, however, I was coming back down the street from walking my dogs to have my drunk neighbour (drinking has got heavier from them over the last few years and we've always known they were big drinkers but never gave us any hassle and it's their business) screaming and swearing at me saying my roofer has lifted led on his roof and he's got water coming in to his house. I was in total shock at being swore and screamed at by a man, but kept my cool and said nothing except I'd give my roofers a call.

Roofers arrived to inspect alleged damage right away, although they have a photo before works started to show led was already up and looks like was never put back by original roofer from his company! However my roofer said he'd pop it back down for them no problem which they agreed to (it's only and inch of led sticking up outside their exterior wall) they also asked to see water damage in house which they refused to show them (funny that!) Roofer popped it back down and went on his merry way. Now you'd think all done and dusted but no my neighbours have now said its a terrible repair and don't want them back and are going to sue me!

My roofer has offered to speak to them and see what they are not happy with but they are not willing to listen and say they will see us in court!! ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL??

My partners is so calm about all this and says let them do what they've got to do and if they want to write us a lawyers letter let them. I'm so stressed out and getting anxiety when coming and going from my own house in fear of being verbally abused on my property.

I'm done with all this alcoholic bull crap of lying and abuse. I have worked hard on my own recovery from my RAM and now feel I'm starting another with theses stupid alchie neighbours, I'm so drained. :0(

Rant over! feebell X
Old 06-23-2016, 03:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When things get stressful for whatever reason, and the issue is swirling around your mind, it can be helpful to write it down. This helps to organise your thoughts. You've already done this by writing the post and might have felt a bit better? Another help might be to keep a log of events. The date and time of any verbal abuse or threatening behaviour. Also keep any communications with the good roofer and log when the work was done. If things do escalate, you'll have an organised record of events to present a factual picture.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you ch76 for taking the time to read and reply. I actually felt loads better after writing this post, a small sense of relief actually. I'm not sure why I'm getting so worked up about it, but I am. I'm feeling better today and lifted in mood. I will note all things that happen with them incase things turn sour and I will try my best to move forward and concentrate on me. I can't control anything that they do or say and really need to let this sink in and accept it.

FeeBell X
Old 06-24-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Glad you feel better fee, and I hope your neighbour doesn't carry on this ridiculous campaign. Note down the date and circumstances just in case you have to ask for a restraining order in the future.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you vented, FeeBell, I find it really helps release the pressure too.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by feebell View Post
Thank you ch76 for taking the time to read and reply. I actually felt loads better after writing this post, a small sense of relief actually. I'm not sure why I'm getting so worked up about it, but I am. I'm feeling better today and lifted in mood. I will note all things that happen with them incase things turn sour and I will try my best to move forward and concentrate on me. I can't control anything that they do or say and really need to let this sink in and accept it.

FeeBell X
Glad I could be of help FeeBell