strange sense of peace tonight ....I hope it lasts

Old 06-22-2016, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

strange sense of peace tonight ....I hope it lasts

Hi guys,

Thank you all again for all of your replies over this last week... It has been so appreciated. I don't know why but I have a strange sense of peace tonight... It feels good... I have been no contact since last Saturday when I have blocked him. I haven't broken it once . My best friend is getting my belongings tomorrow and I have no urge to contact him... In this moment I feel relieved that each day has to get better because he is an active alcoholic...it is like the chaos is subsiding... I decided to go with different apartment....One of my friends is moving out of her cute 2 bedroom apartment in a few weeks and her landlord said that I could have it and pay the same price... most 2 bedrooms around here rent for 2,100...this one will be 1,500 It is 2 story too and 2 bathrooms and a small yard.... The apartment I was going to get was a 1 bedroom 1 bath with no yard for 1,600... yay!!! I am excited to eventually decorate a home again..In the meantime everything goes into storage... I am happy to have this chaos end... His ex wife is still moving in and it still hurts but I have started to let it go ( just like 10%) I can feel the grip lessening though.... MY best friend asked me tonight how I was feeling about everything and I said "I just miss the way I used to look at him before the destruction came in, but after the disrespect and devaluing I won't look at him innocently anymore...and I really miss that"... It felt very raw and very real when I said that out loud.... Anyway thank you so much...I am thankful to have this small moment of peace tonight
Old 06-23-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Kaya if you are feeling some relief it's due to the determined way you pushed through and stayed constructive when you were feeling so wretched. You've probably got a few more ups and downs to go, but you're well on your way.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done for creating this peace for yourself.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done indeed!! And your new place sounds awesome!!
Old 06-23-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

XAH moved out on the Friday after Thanksgiving, and I dreaded that first weekend w/o him. Instead, I felt a "strange sense of peace" too, Kayla. The thread is here: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...iar-patch.html

I'm glad you're beginning to feel a little peace. I'm also happy you got the better apartment. I remember when Wisconsin here was getting ready to move out and was having all kinds of trouble finding a place, finally found one, had it pulled out from under her, but then found a much better one, kind of like your story. I like to think that's the HP's way of saying "yeah, you're doing the right thing!"
Old 06-23-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The feeling of peace may not last right now, but it will be back and it will bring friends

I'm so glad you've found your new nest and it sounds perfect. You will look back, not very far from now, and be so grateful things turned out this way.

Sending you a hug.
Old 06-23-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

LovelyKala....some time and distance can work wonders......

dandylion
Old 06-23-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done on you! YOU are creating a peaceful place. Keep going!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I mentioned Wisconsin's troubles finding a place last summer and how it ended up turning out for the best in the end. Well, it looks like that story wasn't over yet. Check Wisconsin's post on this thread http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6012267
to see how it's getting even better yet!!
Old 06-23-2016, 06:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you! Time heals! No contact is key
Old 06-23-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So, so good to hear this Lovelykaya. You will indeed continue to heal and get stronger.