Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 3

Old 07-05-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a good job and benefits! Thankful for a nice, long holiday weekend. Thankful that it's a short workweek!
Old 07-05-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Grateful for a chance to connect w/family at my bro's wedding in Canada this past weekend. It was a lovely, very small get-together with good food, good conversation and good vibes. I've seen some changes for the better in my brother lately and I think that's due to the woman he married--she is strong, intelligent, and a survivor of a bad past. She challenges him to think about what he does/how he acts, and I believe that he's seeing how his automatic behavior patterns don't necessarily serve him well any more--they may have protected him as a kid, but they are a negative drain at this point in his life. (Sound familiar to anyone here?)

There was also some very good talk w/my sister about her life situation and w/my college-age niece, a completely unexpected bonus in each case.

I'm tired as all get-out, but it was so worth it. My heart is so full today.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful for a fun weekend full of the usual fishing, yard work and riding....plus, FIREWORKS! Happy Tuesday all!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Grateful for a great night doing fireworks, an awesome busy outdoor weekend on the river with my girls and friends and grateful for new friendships with endless possibilities grateful for y'all here and a good job-grateful for lots of things these days.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Grateful for an awesome crystal bowl meditation class last night.

Happyhappyhappy about a 3-day holiday workweek just before a 2-day workweek leading into vacation..... I'm with you on the job benefits COD - I received an extra week of vacation this year & I'm loving it!

So grateful for everyone who helps me out with childcare over the summer months, it definitely takes a village in some ways!

Grateful to add more songs to my playlist:
Times Like These - Foo Fighters
This Life - theme song from Sons of Anarchy/Curtis Stigers
Old 07-05-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Had a great Independence Day weekend! Very grateful for the peace.

And my ex got him self to rehab. Do not know the details, do not know how serious his intentions are, but I am happy for him in a very solemn way.

Hope he finds his way out.

All I know I am very happy with my life right now and will not let anyone ruin it again.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Huge thing: friends and family have helped me get an apartment up and running on Airbnb and I rented it out over 4th of july weekend to a lovely group of young people. I have been beating myself up for not getting this done. I really needed the support and my dear friends came and helped. I'm so blessed.

Being busy in this way has kept my depression at bay. Also I am dog sitting my brothers dog. She, the dog, gets me out walking which is wonderful.

Small thing: I figured out how to do a picot bind off on my knitting yesterday. I love youtube and all the anonymous folks who put up videos to share knowledge.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

BKA, I also spent some time this weekend learning new knitting techniques on YouTube!

I'm grateful for a nice 4-day weekend. In addition to the holiday, I took yesterday off so I could visit a friend who is nearby this week while her son tries out for a junior hockey team in the area.
Old 07-06-2016, 07:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Grateful for Girls Weekend! 48 hour countdown to some much needed friend time. There will be a folk festival in the town we are staying in - all free. Some awesome jazz, gospel and folk bands from all over the country. Good food, and festival people watching fun. Gee-Dubbs 16!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Grateful for Netflix & Season 7 of The League. RAH never watched the series at all so I re-watched the first 6 seasons with him before diving into the newest. It's fully inappropriate, downright raunchy sometimes, but I cannot stop laughing at their absolute ridiculousness. What a great adult comedy!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

^^

OMG - I just finished the new season!

Hahaha.....I want to have EBDB BnB T Shirts made...

And I will never look at a watermelon the same way again...
Old 07-06-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

We have been tacking the EBDB BnB initials onto everything since watching..... between that & Rafi's pocket-dogs, flipping hilarious! Squish!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:17 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

BAHAHA - the crotchet-dog...

Rafi is so disgusting....and I am oddly drawn to him....go figure!
Old 07-07-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Grateful for Euro semi finals. Germany / France today, and I am AMPED - annoyingly so - at work - with ma face painted. (yeah, look who's taken not caring about what other people think to the extreme )

If Germany loses....I'll try not to edit my gratitude post..
Old 07-07-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

fb, you are out of control!!

Too bad we can't see a photo of the face painting job--guess imagination will have to do!!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Ha - well it was a small flag on my cheek (Not the full face paint, and I didn't have enough fans to spell out GERMANY on our bellies)

- and it didn't work, they lost. Bummer - but fun to make it this far.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:52 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for a perfect weather weekend. Also got to spend my time with DS by myself and have some peace and calm.

And thankful that AW got some determination and really worked hard at home cleaning and organizing - a much better feeling without the clutter.

And so VERY thankful for this board and the wonderful people in it.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Grateful for a fabulous, therapeutic girls weekend.

Too much good food, plenty of awesome music, uncountable laughs....

We considered a group tattoo.....semi glad that never manifested, although it might have been funny this AM to show up with an intentionally misspelled

NO REGERTS on my arm
Old 07-11-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

That WOULD have been funny, fb^^!!

NO REGERTS, indeed....

Old 07-11-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Grateful for the smoothest return trip from a vacation we have ever had. We are still in the cab from the airport, so I am probably jinxing it, but this is the first time in seven trips that the return international travel day did not completely destroy all the peace earned from the vacation itself!