Infinite Happy Days - Gratitude and Joy Posts - Part 3

Old 06-28-2016, 10:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I love your posts, fb and COHD! I am so excited to be moving into a place next month that has a patio and an actual YARD! We did very little real cooking out when we were living with STBXAH, because the area outside the back door was always such a disaster. Our apartment of the last year does not have a balcony or patio or any access directly outside from the unit itself. I love to BBQ, it will be so nice to be able to do it again, while my kids enjoy the outside space.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm happy I washed my car last night, and that the humidity dropped and we were able to open the windows again - which meant awaking to the sounds of the birds this morning! And I love the sun coming up early. And, it's one day closer to a long weekend.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ooh - I second the weather. Our days are in the 90's but our evenings in the low 50's. I love having the windows open all night for the cold air - it's *almost like sleeping out side
Old 06-29-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, I love the sounds of nature coming in through the open windows and doors.
A nother perc is to experience the smells of nature....the honeysuckle, which is in full bloom----as well as the SMELL OF THE SKUNKS THAT ARE LIVING UNDER THE SHED....at 2o'clock in the morning.......
dandylion
Old 06-29-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Oh you guys, I'm so jelly down here.... drowning in humidity & melting in the hot sun....... this is when we start spending more time inside because the weather is so beastly. I opened my bedroom window for 30 seconds last night & it took an hour for the room to re-cool.

I'm so grateful for my morning walks, it is such a GREAT way to start my morning off in a positive way. I love that my perception has changed & now I consider a "little walk" to be 1.5-2 miles.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Very happily building a playlist for my girls' weekend at the beach...... I love having great background music while I leisurely get ready for a night out. I'm going with "Empowerment" for my theme & welcome any additions! So far I have:

Thank U - Alanis Morrisette
NO - Meghan Trainor
Roar - Katy Perry
No Scrubs - TLC
Fly Above - Kandi Burress (she actually wrote No Scrubs too)
Baby, I'm Worth It - 5th Harmony
Airplanes - B.o.B.
Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie
Wide Awake - Katy Perry
Titanium - David Guetta
Sleep to Dream - Fiona Apple
Set It Off - POD
Sexy Silk (from Easy A)
Black Horse & Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Put Your Records On - Corinne Lee Bailey
Pocketful of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
Not the Doctor - Alanis, again
Old 06-30-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Wholly crap, FS - I'm not ashamed to say I'd be singing along with you all to most of that..SOunds fun, and super inspiring for me for my own girls weekend next weekend.

Grateful for inspiration to make a roadie playlist!
Old 06-30-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Woohoo firebolt, girls' weekends rock!

I'm going to burn copies of the playlist onto CD's for each girl - that way they can pop it in & visualize themselves back in those moments anytime they want. (I can easily mail you ~or anyone else interested~ one, just pm me!)

I also bought each girl a huge mandala coloring book - the kind you have to sit on the floor to color because the pages are so big. I don't remember the exact size now but I bought them because they are sized to frame (poster sized maybe?). We have a full week together, with 3 days out at the beach so plenty of time to color!
Old 06-30-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

FS, that is going to be
SO FUN!!
Old 06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

FS - sounds FANTASTIC! We are doing 3 days at a big folk festival....I'm tempted to Amazon prime us all some 'festival pants' for the occasion
Old 06-30-2016, 03:31 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Whelp, it's my birthday, and I just left the office. We leave for our resort vacation on a six am flight tomorrow morning then it's eleven days in paradise. And tonight, all I have to do is pack, pick about ten of the two dozen books contending for shots on my vacation-reading lists, and try to choose between watching the new Deadpool or Creed Blu-Rays I got as as gifts this morning before bed.

But all that being said, the thing I am most grateful for today is my therapist. This week, after yet another round of complaining and whining about how my compulsive eating and all its related woes, she said to me, "You have all of these people around you who love you and appreciate you and are grateful to have you in their life...and I promise you that none of that - literally zero percent of it - has anything to do with what you look like, with how much you weigh, with what you ate or wore today."

And with that I felt one step closer to letting go of some really deep doubts. And that's good enough for me today.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Belated Happy Birthday!
Old 07-01-2016, 08:44 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

SK - I love your gratitude for the day! Happy Belated and have an amazing vacation!

Grateful for a long, sunny fun weekend ahead - happy 4th!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Sparklekitty!!! Have an amazing vacation!

Old 07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Very, very grateful for insane coupon stacking deals on toiletries at BJ's last night. So glad that I listened to that little voice in my head saying to stop TODAY - I caught 2 deals that overlapped by one day & stacked a 3rd coupon on top. Woohoo for 120 rolls of Charmin for $18! I have practice with this - I bought so much laundry detergent there with crazy deals last black Friday that I'm just NOW finishing the last of it....... and I probably have 30 loads of laundry to go before that's gone.

Also grateful that my mom kept DD overnight last night & I was able to tackle said shopping, take my time, go for a foot massage & start a few fun projects at home for today. I am mod-podging some old nightstands and finishing the painting on the interior of the fairy house. When my BFF arrives in about 10 days, she is going to help DD & I tile the roof so I'm hoping to finish the paint, flooring & interior trim work before then.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Happiest of birthdays to you, SK! One of these days we will have to meet in the middle somewhere between Chicagoland and Milwaukeeland.

Today I am grateful that our foster dog is FINALLY in his forever home. We dropped him off last night, and the vibe was so great. His new family has very reasonable expectations about the adjustment period for an 8-year-old puppy mill survivor, and their love for him is evident.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful for this new life God has bestowed on us girls here in Texas. I'm so grateful to be living in the quiet country...new house and life is just peachy. Grateful for belly laughs from my girls...tonight we witnessed a lady in our neighborhood walking her chicken in a baby stroller. (Seriously y'all-mental picture!!!). It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time and we all cracked up and joked about it! Grateful for these moments with my girls. And of course ending a fab week with a night swim doesn't hurt
Old 07-02-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Very happy to be attending one of my best friend's daughter's bday party today. On the surface T is a very normal little girl but in reality she has struggled with a lot - she is definitely "on the spectrum" and has had issues with emotional & social immaturity along with learning delays. She is very high functioning in terms of the "spectrum" but also very different than a "normal" child..... she's been stuck in the middle, trying to navigate both worlds.

She has worked as hard to overcome these obstacles & be able to reintegrate to a normal classroom as my friend has worked at overcoming the stigma of it all - that has really been the hardest part for both of them all around. Today's 9th bday party is the first time she's going to have real friends in attendance & not just family & friends of family. Real friends that she has worked hard to develop relationships with is such a tremendous milestone for this child that I'm in tears just thinking about it while typing this out.

Generally speaking the last thing I want to do is sit in the hot sun at a kid's pool party with 95 degree temps & humidity around 80% - but today I can't wait!!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:15 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Forourgirls....do you think that the lady was trying to get the chicken to the other side of the street...?
Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

^ rolling laughing reading your post! How does a chicken cross the road?!? seriously, I have no idea...I couldn't get my phone out of the jogger quickly enough to catch it - I literally had to do a double and triple take/thought maybe the Texas heat was causing me to see things! Seriously one of the funniest things I've seen....cracking me up!