Your spiritual word for the day

Old 06-14-2016, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Your spiritual word for the day

I ran across this in one of my devotionals and thought it was a must share for all of us here.

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" AM 3:3 NKJV

A toxic relationship is like a limb with gangrene: unless you amputate it, the infection can spread and kill you. Without the courage to cut off what refuses to heal, you'll end up losing a lot more. Your personal growth-and in some cases your healing-will only be expedited by establishing relationships with the right people. Maybe you've heard the story of the scorpion who asked the frog to carry him across the river bc he couldn't swim. "I'm afraid you'll sting me," replied the frog. The scorpion smiled reassuringly, "of course I won't, if I did that we would both drown!!". So the frog agreed, and the scorpions oped on his back. Wouldn't you know? Halfway across the river the scorpion stung the frog ! As they began to sink the frog lamented "you promised you wouldn't sting me! Why did you do it?". The scorpion replied, "I can't help it-it's my nature!!!". Until God changes the other persons nature, they have the power to infect and affect you. It's like trying to dance a fox trot with someone who only knows how to waltz. You picked the wrong partner! Don't get tied up with someone who doesn't share your values and God given goals. Some issues can be corrected through counseling, prsyers, teaching, and leadership-but you can't teach someone to care. To CARE. If they don't care, they'll pollute your environment, kill your productivity, and break your rhythm. That's why it is important to pray and ask God, "does this person even belong in my life?"

I hope these words help y'all that are struggling or are on the fence-they were certainly helpful for me to reflect on amputating the infection and what was poisoning my family. That person has no business in my life and was amputated-others have been as well.

Peace to y'all!
Old 06-14-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow. One more time - WOW.

Thank you for this.

C_Oh Dad
Old 07-07-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Bump.

For those who might have missed this the first time around but are wondering "What to do?"
Old 07-07-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for this!
Old 07-07-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah - wow. Thank you!

A toxic relationship is like a limb with gangrene: unless you amputate it, the infection can spread and kill you.
no truer words.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've heard the story before, but it's good to be reminded of it. I can't say how many times I reacted w/surprise and disappointment when XAH did what alcoholics do.

Yep, it's their nature. As long as an A is active in addiction, it is most assuredly their nature...
Old 07-07-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you! More positive reinforcement that I did the right thing!!