OT: Just for Fun--Numerology Article

Old 06-02-2016, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT: Just for Fun--Numerology Article

This came to me in an email from a site I subscribe to:
Numerology 101: How To Interpret The Meaning Of Your Birthday - mindbodygreen.com

Just for the heck of it, I followed the instructions and found my "Life Path Number", which turned out to be 9. Here's what it had to say about Number 9's:
You must learn to accept, let go, and move on from any misfortune of the past. You must learn to accept and forgive anything that or anyone who has previously caused you pain.

Another site said:
Life path number 9 is the number of completion and resolution. You will need to make choices, and not resist endings. Your biggest battle in life is with endings and completion. You hate to see things finish, but you also are tempted to just end things so that it's on your terms. Just take it as it comes.

Hum. Interesting, not to mention right on the money...!

You can google "life path number" in quote marks and find many other sites w/more complete descriptions of what your number supposedly means.

Anyway, like I said, just for fun...
Old 06-02-2016, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fun! I've been paying attention to this kind of stuff for years. (I love MBG's site too) It's fascinating when you dig into it. On your link I'm a #2:

Life Path 2: You must learn to love and believe in yourself unconditionally and find the balance between giving and receiving. You must learn to say “no.”

I'm laughing because I've been singing that Meghan Trainor song for a week now - "My name is NO, my sign is NO, my number is NO - you need to let it go!"
Old 06-02-2016, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Eek - Life path 8. You must work through personal power issues and learn not to let anything or anyone disempower you. You must also learn not to disempower others.

Yeah...on both accounts!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yep, Im #8 also.

Life Path 8: You must work through personal power issues and learn not to let anything or anyone disempower you. You must also learn not to disempower others.

Accurate.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My name oldsoul 1122 is from numerology I did in the 80's. ....oooo...drama...soul path #3
Old 06-02-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

what??? me??? maybe i did the math wrong....

Life Path 6: In your quest to help others, you must learn to find the middle ground between assisting and enabling. You must learn not to overstep another’s boundaries.

AHA! i did do the math wrong! (sigh, i'm in finance, cut me some slack....lol).

Life Path 7: The emotional realm may feel awkward for you; however, you must learn to communicate and express your emotions and affections in this life.

not sure that really sums me up, but this sure does (thread hog, here i go)

The Life Path 7 suggests that you entered this plane with a gift for investigation, analysis, and keen observation. You are a thinker of the first order. You evaluate situations very quickly, and with amazing accuracy. As a result, you are thorough and complete in your work, the perfectionist who expects everyone else to meet a high standard of performance, too.

A Life Path 7 person is a peaceful and affectionate soul. But you guard your connection to people carefully. It's easy for you to detect deception and recognize insincere people, and you avoid them. You aren't one to have a wide circle of friends, but once you accept someone as a friend, it's for life. It's as if you must get to know someone a lot better before you allow the wall surrounding you to be penetrated. Chances are you are a very charming and refined individual with great poise and a quick wit. Nonetheless, there is an exclusiveness about you. You probably aren't a very social person. Your reserve is often taken to be aloofness, but actually, it's not that at all. It is merely a cover up for your basic feeling of insecurity. There's no rush, It takes time for you to warm up to new friends. Clubs and organizations hold little interest for you; you are not a joiner.

You actually like being alone and away from the hustle and bustle of modern life. In many ways, you would have fit in better in much earlier times when the pace of life was less hectic. You need a good deal of quiet time to be with your own inner thoughts and dreams. You dislike crowds, noise, distractions, and confusion. (<<<<<THIS!!!!!)

The overwhelming strength of the number 7 is reflected in the depth of thinking that is shown; you will garner knowledge from practically every source that you find. Intellectual, scientific, and studious, you don't accept a premise until you have dissected the subject and arrived at your own independent conclusion.

This is a very spiritual number and it often denotes a sort of spiritual wisdom that becomes apparent at a fairly early age. A built in inner guide providing a strong sense of intuition may set you up as being a law unto yourself. Whatever spiritual position you take, whether traditional or bizarre, you will cling to it with fervor. Once you have decided an issue, it is almost impossible to get you to revisit the question. Adaptability is not your style, and change for you is a rarity.

You rely heavily on your experiences and your intuition, rather than accepting advice from someone. Your hunches usually prove to be very accurate, and knowing this, you follow the directions they seem to guide.

In the most negative use of the 7 energies, you can become very pessimistic, lackadaisical, quarrelsome, and secretive. A Life Path 7 individual who is not living life fully and gaining through experiences, is a hard person to live with because of a serious lack of consideration for others. There is such a negative attitude. Indeed, operating on the negative side of the 7 can produce a very selfish and spoiled individual and living with one can be a challenge. This may be why some 7s actually prefer living alone. If you have any of the negative traits they are very difficult to get rid of because you tend to feel that the world really does owe you a living or that in some way you are not being fairly treated.

Fortunately, the negative 7 is not the typical 7, at least not without some mitigating positive traits. This number is one that seems to have some major shifts from highs to lows. Stability in feelings may be elusive for you.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OK - digging deeper...... according to this site I'm actually an 11. That's also my lucky number, lol.

Life Path | Token Rock

The Life Path 11 has the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.

As a Life Path 11, you possess an inordinate amount of energy and intuition. There is so much going on in your psyche that you are often misunderstood early in life, making you shy and withdrawn. You have far more potential than you know. You galvanize every situation you enter. You inspire people, but without your conscious effort. Energy seems to flow through you without your controlling it. This gives you both power and sometimes emotional turmoil.

You are a channel for information between the higher and the lower, between the realm of the archetype and the relative world. Ideas, thoughts, understanding, and insight - all of these can come to you without your having to go through a rational thought process. There seems to be a bridge, or connection, between your conscious and unconscious realms, attuning you to a high level of intuition through which even psychic information can flow. All of this amounts to a great capacity for invention. Many inventors, artists, religious leaders, prophets, and leading figures in history have had the 11 prominent in their chart.

Because you are so highly charged, you experience the consequences of a two-edged sword. You possess great abilities, but indulge in much self-reflection and self- criticism. You often feel highly self-conscious. You are aware on some level that you stand out. Even when you try to blend with your environment, you often feel conspicuous, alien, and out-of-place.

You Must Develop Yourself
You are blessed with a message, or a specific role to play in life. But you must develop yourself sufficiently to take full advantage of that opportunity. Until that time, your inner development takes precedence over your ability to materialize the great undertaking you were chosen to perform. Consequently, 11s seem to develop slowly, but they simply have more to accomplish in their evolution than the average person. Thus, your real success does not usually begin until maturity, between the ages of 35 and 45, when you have progressed further along your path.

Your Life Path Challenges
You may often be frustrated, largely because you have extremely high expectations of yourself. But these expectations can be unrealistic, and can prevent you from accomplishing anything. You can be very impractical, envisioning a skyscraper when all that was necessary was a two-story house.

You may also suffer from bouts of confusion and lack of direction. This gives rise to loss of confidence and the onset of deep depression. The cause of these emotional problems is your lack of understanding of your own sensitivity and potential. Your desire to achieve some great ambition is enormous. However, a lack of confidence in your own ability to realize this dream may cause you much frustration. You sense the enormous potential you possess, which requires equally enormous confidence in your ability to materialize your dream. Confidence is the key that unlocks your potential.

Stay Calm
On a strictly physical level, you must protect your nervous system, which is inordinately vulnerable to stress because of your acute sensitivity. Depression is often the result of long periods of stress that have gone unrelieved. Seek out peaceful and harmonious environments, relaxing music, and follow a healthful diet in order to restore balance and peace. As an 11 Life Path, you are a highly charged version of the 2 and possess many of the characteristics and talents of that number.

You can be extremely diplomatic and tactful. You are also patient and cooperative. You work well with groups and somehow find a way of creating harmony among diverse opinions. You enjoy music and poetry and require a harmonious environment. You have an eye for beauty and a fine sense of balance and rhythm.

You Are Sensitive
You have healing capabilities, especially in such fields as massage, acupuncture, physical therapy, and counseling. You are a sensitive and passionate lover; your perceptiveness makes you aware of your partner's needs and desires, which you are able to fulfill with almost magical delicacy. However, when you feel you have been mistreated or jilted, you can react with devastating power, sometimes using personal criticisms vindictively.

You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. When you have found your niche in life and begun to realize your true potential, your rewards will more than compensate for your trials earlier in life.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Thanks for posting.... I'm a nut about taking tests like this. Although this one didn't show very true for me, interesting all the same

Famous Life Path 8's

Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Barbra Streisand, Edgar Cayce, Elizabeth Taylor, Faith Hill, Frank Abagnale, Joni Mitchell, Lucille Ball, Paul Newman, Richard Gere, Stevie Nicks, Victor Frankl, Whoopi Goldberg

Numerology Life Path Number 8
You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth. Dang, so not true.

Life Path Number: 8

You have great talent for management in all areas of life, especially in business and financial matters. You understand the material world; you intuitively know what makes virtually any enterprise work. Your talent lies not with the bookkeeping or petty management, but with the greater vision, it's purpose, and long range goals.

You Attract Financial Success

You are a visionary and a bit reckless. You possess the ability to inspire people to join you in your quest, but often they are incapable of seeing what you see. Therefore, those around you need your continual guidance, inspiration, and encouragement. You must prod them into action and direct them along the lines of your vision. You attract financial success more than any other Life Path, but effort is required.

Your challenge in life is to achieve a high degree of detachment, to understand that power and influence must be used for the benefit of mankind. Those born with the Number 8 Life Path who do not understand the real and relative value of money are bound to suffer the consequences of greed; they run the risk of losing it all! You must learn to bounce back from failures and defeats.

You May Also Attract Failure
This one I know about.

You have the character and resilience of a true survivor. It is not uncommon for a person with your Life Path to experience major reverses, including bankruptcies, financial failure, but you also have the talent and the sheer guts to make more than one fortune, and build many successful enterprises. More than most people, your failures in marriage can be extremely expensive for you. Despite the difficulties that life presents, you will experience the satisfaction that comes from material wealth and the power that comes with it.

Your Best Careers

Business, finance, real estate, law, science (particularly history, archeology, and physics), publishing, and the management of large institutions are among the vocational fields that suit you best. You are naturally attracted to positions of influence and leadership - Politics, social work, and teaching are among the many other areas where your abilities can shine.

You are a good judge of character, which aids you well in attracting the right people to you. Most 8s like large families and sometimes tend to keep others dependent longer than necessary. Although jovial in nature you are not demonstrative in showing your love and affection. The desire for luxury and comfort is especially strong in you. Status is very important.

Stay Within Your Means

You must be careful to avoid living above your means. Your Life Path treads that dangerous ground where power lies - and can corrupt. You may become too self important, arrogant, and domineering, thinking that your way is the only way. This leads inevitably to isolation and conflict. The people you run the risk of hurting most are those you love, your family and friends.

Learn Patience Okay finally this is true - I could use a bit.

Be careful of becoming stubborn, intolerant, overbearing, and impatient. These characteristics may be born early in the life of an 8 Life Path, who often learn these negative traits after suffering under a tyrannical parent or a family burdened by repressive religious or intellectual dogmas. Those with the 8 Life Path usually possess a strong physique, which is a symptom of their inherent strength and resiliency.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
OOh - your #8 fits me perfectly. I am a natural leader / manager (born bossy )

THeres nothing wrong with seeing what everyone else needs to do to get a job done most efficiently...