SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Please share something awesome about yourself.... again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/392218-please-share-something-awesome-about-yourself-again.html)

hopeful4 06-02-2016 07:42 AM

Thlayli....it's so awesome that you Roller Derby!!!

And honeypig....running in Boston as a time qualified runner is an amazing accomplishment! Just...wow.

You people are wonderful and amazing. I hope you each see that. Your talents and personalities are outstanding, and I consider myself so blessed to have gotten to know you on this wonderful forum!

FireSprite 06-02-2016 12:31 PM

We should get together and trade off our talents!
I'm in! I'll trade my baking for almost any alternate household chore - I dislike all of it.... floors, bathrooms, windows, laundry, dishes..... I have a browned-butter chocolate chip cookie recipe that is phenomenal & to make them even better we sometimes stuff them with oreos, lol!!

I love reading all of these - I learn more about you all & your shares often remind me of things about myself that I wasn't even thinking of or wasn't seeing as Awesomeness. Rugby, Roller Derby & Boston Marathons - wow!!

Keep them coming! :herewego

dandylion 06-02-2016 01:07 PM

Honeypig.....You remind me of the pioneer women who helped to settle this country!
I ;can just picture you, up front, in the Connestoga Wagon, driving the mules.....
a vision of strength and beauty......

dandylion

Liveitwell 06-02-2016 06:45 PM

I love this thread. Seriously. I've read it a couple times today-love getting to know y'all :)

BettyRubble99 06-02-2016 07:44 PM

I can whistle like nobody's business.....any type of whistle.....super ear-killing loud or a beautiful medley. If there was a way to earn a living by whistling, I'd be a millionaire! Lol

I am also an excellent seamstress and know tailoring techniques. Yay, me!

I am also not broken from my life married to an alcoholic (who is in denial) for 28 years. I still manage to laugh and find joy in the little things. Separated for one year. Working on me 👍🏻

I have not yet found the courage to post......although I have been reading for a couple of years -- I feel I know many of you! I guess this is my first "share". :grouphug:

Love and light to ALL! 💙

Liveitwell 06-02-2016 08:27 PM

^ yay, Betty!!! Nice to "meet" you!
I know what you mean-not broken from my alcoholic marriage either....finding joy in all parts of my life and happy again-my smile shows it, my laugh and I'm fun again-who knew?!

Glad you are here :)

honeypig 06-02-2016 09:13 PM

I can whistle like nobody's business.....any type of whistle.....super ear-killing loud or a beautiful medley. If there was a way to earn a living by whistling, I'd be a millionaire! Lol
BR, I can neither whistle nor snap my fingers--can you believe it? So to me, this ^^ is nothing short of a miraculous achievement!

And yeah, the post about Roller Derby--WOW!

Lilro 06-03-2016 06:21 AM

Let's see.....

I'm awesome because despite of all the craziness surrounding me I am a great Mom. That truly is my biggest accomplishment.
I'm awesome because I can do a mean butt dance.
I'm awesome because I am a good friend with a big heart.
I'm awesome because I come from two awesome parents.
I'm awesome because I can do it all on my own.
You ladies ( and gents ) are all awesome......
Xoxo Ro

SparkleKitty 06-03-2016 06:43 AM

I know all the words to Hamilton.

More importantly, in the last two years I've learned to let go of my obsession with dieting, with numbers on a scale, with sizes on clothing tags. Nowadays I work out and eat good things not because I hate my body, but because I love it.

I'm not all the way there yet -- I have bad body image days, too -- but I'm somewhere that I never really thought I could be, and today, that's enough.

Lilro 06-03-2016 06:49 AM

^^^^ Get It Girl ^^^^^

FireSprite 06-03-2016 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty (Post 5982026)
I know all the words to Hamilton.

More importantly, in the last two years I've learned to let go of my obsession with dieting, with numbers on a scale, with sizes on clothing tags. Nowadays I work out and eat good things not because I hate my body, but because I love it.

I'm not all the way there yet -- I have bad body image days, too -- but I'm somewhere that I never really thought I could be, and today, that's enough.

This is INSPIRATIONAL! I know what an uphill battle this is, WOOHOO for YOU!!!

:You_Rock_ :scoregood :c011: