Lawyer Appt Today

Old 05-31-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lawyer Appt Today

Hi,
I have my appointment with my lawyer today. I am bringing all the information I can find to prove I'm not a thief! My STBXAH had accused me of stealing money from the business we started together.,
I can't believe I didn't create any of this, yet I'm the one on the defensive and have to prove, I didn't commit a felony.
My ah is the one that was abusive, have a DV order in place for a year.
All of this seems so unfair!!! I'm sure it'll get much worse before I see it get better.
My ah allowed our motorhome be repossed. I had made arrangements with the bank to pay interest till sold. He never paid his half.
My ah is living in our home, won't let me in. Police won't cross him. I'm afraid he's destroying what little bit of investment I have.
His truck loan is in my name. I got a letter in the mail, he hasn't made his last months payment, which will effect my credit! What are my rights here.
How do I know we'll continue paying the mortgage on the house? I don't. So what do I do?
The court system is so slow. I filed for divorce in January. Our case is still in the pending to be scheduled.,
I'm worried about the few assists I have! And financially, I'm barely making it.
Can my lawyer make him list the house, or make him let me in, or maybe get an appraisal now, so pictures can be taken, so if damage is done, it can be proved!
I'm just so fustrated, angry, abd confused. I'm getting the short end of the stick here.
Any advice would be helpful.
I'm venting !!! Thanks for listening !!
Z
Old 05-31-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try to relax and get some rest before your meeting. I hope your lawyer is able to calm all of your fears. You are doing the right thing in such an unfair situation. Best of luck to you today, and moving forward!
Old 05-31-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zircon.....I hope that your lawyer can offer you some relief. I can feel your frustration!.....and, I don't blame you!
Let us know how the appointment goes, when you can.

dandylion
Old 05-31-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Z!!! Hugs. Your lawyer can help...pls let us know his things go. Yiu are not getting the short end of this stick-I know if feels that way but trust me-you are not him! That is plenty to be thankful for.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Breathe. List all of your issues and address them one at a time with your attorney.

Many hugs.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Update On Lawyer Appt

Hi,
Things went well. I had all my receipts to prove I wasn't stealing money from the business. My lawyer, himself couldn't understand why another lawyer would be so accusatory with no proof.
My lawyer also sent a letter to the court questioning why it has been 4 1/2 months since we filed for divorce and we still don't have a mediation date scheduled.
I told him, I'd like an appraisal of the house done now,, to be sure no damage is being done to the house. Also I want to be allowed into my house. I want proof he is paying the mortgage.
I requested all the business financials, and copies of all checks written. Right now the business checking account has only 628.00, with no cash deposits made for the past 3 months. My guess is he is depositing the cash in a different account.
His truck payment which is also in my mane is 2 months in arrears. This is my credit, so needs to be addressed.
My lawyer asked what I would like to ask for as a settlement. I replied: 1/2 the house, 1/2 the business, 1/2 of his retirement, and I want the land I bought with my mother inheritance. All the contents of the house can be split equally.
I'm sure my STBXAH wouldn't agree to any of this!
What he is doing now is running my credit into the ground. Motorhome was reposed, not paying his truck x 2 months. Still paying for the house, but who knows how long he will continue doing that. Can the court force the sale of the house? Also it appears ruining the business, hard to belive only 628.00 in a business checking account, so hiding the money in an other account. Can the court make him produce records for the other account!!
So, everything's a mess, but I'm positive I'll come out of this with some of the money I put into the relationship.
I just wish we'd get our mediation appointment really soon.
Something nice happened to me today. I saw a perfect mobile home for me, but was told an offer was out in it! I was told today that the offer fell through. My sister and I are going to look at it on Thursday. It would be perfect for me and my dogs. It would be less than the rent I'm paying now. So I'm kinda hoping it works out!
So what does everyone think about my lawyer appt??
Thanks for listening !
Z
Old 05-31-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zircon,
I'm so glad your lawyer has your back and is able to help you assert your rights in a maddening situation. Today sounds like a huge step toward getting resolution and your sense of security back.

I have a friend whose divorce from an alcoholic was finalized a few months ago. When I asked her how she dealt with the craziness, she said, "I knew my daughters and I were going to be okay." I'm not there yet, and it sounds like you're not quite there either, but that's the feeling of strength that I think you and I are both headed toward.

And I'm glad your attorney has your back.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think you will learn through this process eventually not to get upset over allegations made by your Ex. He can say whatever he wants - proving it is his downfall.

There should be a paper trail for the business unless he has somehow converted it to an all cash business. I believe you put the seed money into the business from your inheritance? I think I would ask for it back, why not?

I think you will bode better than you think. He going to squawk and quackery quack quack quack - it won't go well. Perhaps you should ask your attorney to get YOUR truck back. Its in your name, he isn't paying. Yes, I think I would get it back and sell it.

Good on the home!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just have to quickly add... YES get that truck back and sell it!! The resale of trucks right now is through the roof! That's all my husband's been talking about lately! Someone wants to buy ours for about what we paid for it in 2009!
Old 06-01-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

He's appalling Zircon, and I hope your lawyer moves quickly to stop him doing more damage. What an creep.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad it went well. Get the truck, you own it, and sell it.

Hugs.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Glad your lawyer appt went well. Hoping things get moving forward soon for you re the divorce. I agree with everyone else re getting the truck. If it's in your name you should be able to take it legally. Not sure who would assist you with going to get it though? The mobile home sounds like a great option. Just keep moving forward one day at a time.