Cliff notes version

Old 05-27-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cliff notes version

I've been working on kind of a cliff notes version of what "this" has been-I'm a big picture person and after all the dust settles, I kimd of like to take inventory and see the bigger picture rather than the details. So, after a miserable death of a once oh so bright marriage with the man I wanted to spend my life with and be my partner and be his partner , witnessing him fall so far, sobriety for me, two kids and a hell of a fight to be where I am today, the last twelve years can be summed up for me as follows:

1) I fell in love with a wonderful man.
2) That same man had demons in his past which caused him to become broken.
3) I worked with all I had to help this man to heal and become new again, however, I began to crumble inside as his inner demons began to lash out at me and affect my spirit.
4) I slowly came to the realization that although I loved him and wanted nothing more than to be his salvation...I could no longer live with the abuse.
5) leaving him while still praying for him DAILY was the best and most loving thing I could do for him and more importantly for myself AND MY CHILDREN.

No matter how hard it has been and continues to be for me, i do believe and know I did all i could do for him. I endured more than most people could ever imagine. In the end, i did what was RIGHT and NECESSARY in order for me to protect myself and my beautiful baby girls-I chose to listen to God over every other voice and person in my ear.

Just thought I'd share with you lovely friends. So glad to be here-y'all taught me how to grow up and find my voice, among many other things, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Peace, y'all
Old 05-28-2016, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i did what was RIGHT and NECESSARY in order for me to protect myself and my beautiful baby girls

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YES, you did!