OT-Johnny Depp

Old 05-27-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-Johnny Depp

Guys, I find myself super, duper upset about the allegations of spousal abuse surrounding Johnny Depp. I am not at all surprised by the collateral allegations of substance abuse; I don't think he has ever made much of an effort to hide that. But I have been such a fan of his films for so long, and so much of what Amber Heard is alleging sounds so...familiar.

Obviously he is innocent until proven guilty, and at this point a judge has only seen fit to issue a 30-day protection order. But honestly, I have stopped patronizing certain celebrities' work in the past because of offensive and/or abusive behavior, and having been through what I went through (and reading what YOU all have gone through), if "more is revealed" to provide substantial proof of abuse, I don't think I will ever be able to watch another one of his movies again.

I certainly hope for peace and clarity for everyone involved. It's a shame that some people have to go through these things so publicly, but it does give me hope that it will prompt at least one person to leave an abusive relationship.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wisconsin......OH. I know exactly what you are talking about!!

It has "ruined" my appreciation for a lot of entertainers...from Frank Sinatra to Woody Allen......

dandylion
Old 05-27-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't watched a Woody Allen movie in a very, very long time. Another person I can't watch anymore? Tom Cruise, after he publicly criticized Brooke Shields for getting psychiatric help for her severe post partum depression.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yeah, Tom C. has some really "out there " ideas. I was upset when he did that, also. so many women that suffer from post-partum depression---I thought that was very irresponsible of him.

dandylion
Old 05-27-2016, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Tom C is a scien to logist. Nothing more to say there. I was also upset about hearing about Johnny De pp, but not so much. He hated America when he lived with gf in France.

I should perhaps look this up further, but I loved Jan M i chael Vincent. Also Mel G ib son. They also were both arrested for DV.

Many others, I'm just talking about the actors that I liked, till I didn't

amy
Old 05-27-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

We were all very amused by the dog thing in Australia and, until the DV stuff came out, joked that it pushed them over the edge.

Not so funny now that more has been revealed.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I started a thread about Johnny manziel a while ago, and while he's not a superstar celebrity, he was in the game of football. It's excruciating to witness his fall....DV, substance abuse, entitlement and the lies, oh the lies. Anyway, I too have chosen not to support certain actors or personalities bc of their personal choices or beliefs. It's sad but it happens all the time-and that is the saddest part. I notice in all these men that they all carry a huge amount of anger in them. It explodes eventually and is aimed at whoever happens to be the unlucky partner at the time. Won't be renting a Mel Gibson movie anytime soon
Old 05-28-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Its a very corrupt industry wen it comes to things like this. The studios will protect their asset. He just released a new film. This will be swept under the rug, like most are, with deals and non-disclosures.

I do believe he did it, the bruise on her face is in the shape of a cell phone which she says he smashed her with. She also has listed a witness or two. Yet, she declined to file charges against him. Legal move I am sure to assure a hefty and quick settlement. She asked for 50k temporary support a month, and was denied. I'd prefer to see him prosecuted. My guess is he won't be and a nice big check will be given instead. He'll clean up his act for a bit and have a new girlfriend in a week. He'll avoid being in public for a while. He'll smear her and make her look like a gold digger (already happening). Will play on the sympathies of his mother dying and being served with divorce papers 3 days later (that horrible woman how insensitive!). And like a long line of others life will go on unscathed.

Makes me sick. He looks terrible btw and has for a while. Bloated and dirty. Must be why the Pirate films were so good - as no effort needed.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There is something seriously wrong with that guy.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Red.....not unlike, at baseline, the sto ries that we, here, are familiar with...minus the entertainment industry eh?
The thing that always amazes me (though it shouldn't!) is that there is always a long line of women who are Jonesin' to connect with these guys......

dandylion
Old 05-28-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
I started a thread about Johnny manziel a while ago, and while he's not a superstar celebrity, he was in the game of football. It's excruciating to witness his fall....DV, substance abuse, entitlement and the lies, oh the lies. Anyway, I too have chosen not to support certain actors or personalities bc of their personal choices or beliefs. It's sad but it happens all the time-and that is the saddest part. I notice in all these men that they all carry a huge amount of anger in them. It explodes eventually and is aimed at whoever happens to be the unlucky partner at the time. Won't be renting a Mel Gibson movie anytime soon
I've followed Manziel's story a little, too. It spoke volumes to me when he said "I don't have a drinking problem. My team has a problem with my drinking." Where have I heard that before?!?
Old 05-28-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Wisconsin.....we can see it everywhere we look....for instance--look at Baylor University rapes....Ken Starr has not been fired as president ....just "reassigned" to a different position, and remains as a teaching professor.....

I think this just underlines how the system will turn a blind eye to the victims of abuse---and extremely so when money or power are involved....
Old 05-28-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wisconsin View Post
Tom Cruise, after he publicly criticized Brooke Shields for getting psychiatric help for her severe post partum depression.
AND for being a whackjob and all around douche-bag trying to brainwash Katy Holmes!
Old 05-28-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Red.....not unlike, at baseline, the sto ries that we, here, are familiar with...minus the entertainment industry eh?
The thing that always amazes me (though it shouldn't!) is that there is always a long line of women who are Jonesin' to connect with these guys......

dandylion
Ugh I get to see it up close and personal sometimes. Fame and fortune is quite the aphrodisiac. Not all are tainted btw - the ones who live out of hollywood, and out of the spotlight, and try to maintain normalcy are the nicest people.

The rest have handlers. Handlers to keep them in line, handlers to get their drugs, prostitutes whatever. Trust me the PR dept are working this weekend! Johnny has messed up their holiday LOL.

Here's a real life how it all works. A friend of mine leased her house to an A lister while he was here filming for 5 months (this is kinda common here now there are so many productions). So the contracts are very detailed and include provisions for drug use on the property. She took a 50k deposit. After he moved the house smelled like a Weed factory. I have never smelled anything like it. We literally looked in the fireplace to see if they had been burning in there. The "handler" was contacted, pictures were taken. Attorney contacted (the deposit was in escrow). There was evidence aside from the smell of burns in the carpet etc. The "handler" handled everything - and very quickly. The house had to be killz paint then repainted, all the carpet replaced. This was done in 48 hours - keep the deposit! BUT you have to sign a nondisclosure, and turn over all photos.

Done and done.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

redatlanta.....WOW.....talk about enabling at a corporate level......

LOL...."Johnny D. ruined their holiday weekend".....
Red..you have soo many fascinating stories...keep them coming (if you please)......

dandylion
Old 05-28-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

His inability to STOP talking like Jack Sparrow pretty much did me in

He was abusive with Kate Moss years ago as well. Although I don't know if there were ever any legal proceedings.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Wisconsin......OH. I know exactly what you are talking about!!

It has "ruined" my appreciation for a lot of entertainers...from Frank Sinatra to Woody Allen......

dandylion
Add to your list now Bill Cosby....
Old 05-28-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Actually I was quite triggered when I read the replies by Deppīs representatives, something in the lines of "the brevity of this marriage" and the "dissolution of this short marriage". It sounded like a complete dismissal - something like "Oh, who cares about this marriage, it was so short! Thereīs no reason to take it seriously. And no reason to take the abuse seriously. And really, no reason to take Amber Heard seriously. Who cares."

It sounded a lot like my breakup with xabf: it wasnīt to be taken seriously. I was exaggerating, there was no abuse. And he didnīt drink. And he was never aggressive, I was just an hysterical premenopausal old nag.
Oh yes, and his ex wife was a golddigger who was only out to take all his money from him. He never laid a hand on her though she did. Just another hysterical lady.

This is so frustrating! I can imagine all the cr*p xabf is spreading around about me.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

bluelily......good that you KNOW that it is crap!
dandylion
Old 05-29-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bluelily View Post
Actually I was quite triggered when I read the replies by Deppīs representatives, something in the lines of "the brevity of this marriage" and the "dissolution of this short marriage". It sounded like a complete dismissal - something like "Oh, who cares about this marriage, it was so short! Thereīs no reason to take it seriously. And no reason to take the abuse seriously. And really, no reason to take Amber Heard seriously. Who cares."

It sounded a lot like my breakup with xabf: it wasnīt to be taken seriously. I was exaggerating, there was no abuse. And he didnīt drink. And he was never aggressive, I was just an hysterical premenopausal old nag.
Oh yes, and his ex wife was a golddigger who was only out to take all his money from him. He never laid a hand on her though she did. Just another hysterical lady.

This is so frustrating! I can imagine all the cr*p xabf is spreading around about me.
Its just a PR spin to make her look like a gold digger. She asked for 50k in temporary spousal support and that will be published by them along with "brevity of marriage, short marriage, marriage ended by her 3 days after his mother's death, he was so upset by his mothers death and being served papers 3 days later poor him!" Whatever.

Next will come all his past ex's saying he never was physically abusive. Just wait. They will trash Amber Heard.