sober, and no addiction

Old 05-25-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober, and no addiction

I havent had a drink in probably 3 months. And I am not an alcoholic. I have never really liked the taste, maybe a glass of wine every now and then. But over time (its been nearly 3 years since i was with xah) i have come to resent alcohol more and more. Its almost as if I blame alcohol. But at the same time I know its not alcohols fault but i still hate it. I dont want it in my house. I dont want it near me. When friends come over and drink it makes me uncomfortable. I dont say anything because they will have a drink or two but it just sickens me. I dont plan on ever drinking again. My bf doesnt drink because he doesnt like the taste luckily. But its not my place to police people who are being responsible either. Does anyone else react this way?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup. I feel like it is very dangerous.

A dad at the ball field was drinking beer last night watching his kid play ball. It was all I could do not to get up and move to the other side of the field.

I think alcohol is as dangerous as illegal drugs.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh same. My bfs good friend just killed himself last night after drinking too much. I honestly hate alcohol. But I dont judge people who are drinking responsibly either. I guess its just a trigger.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, I enjoy alcohol from time to time, but it makes me very uncomfortable also. From living with addiction, seeing it in my family, and realizing the magnitude of my own problems and how similar they are to the roots of alcoholism, it makes me paranoid that so many people including myself walk a fine line between problem drinking and not. It scares me, and makes me want to choose people in my life that have nothing to do with alcohol, for sure.