Triggered and Struggling today....

Old 05-20-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I hope your nerves have settled today, hopeful. It really blows when we logically see the situation clearly but our emotions just muddy it all up anyway.

What a fool - I absolutely detest when parents demand respect based on dollars spent. How do you feel good about measuring your child's value against your dollars? I've known MANY men that are the exact opposite - breaking their backs to provide the best for their kids regardless of marriage or divorce, because they WANT the best for their kids.

I might have asked him, "Just so that I'm clear then - she should be deprived of basic living needs until she caves & decides to speak to you despite your blatant disrespect for her as a human being?"

Ugh. See? Stupid emotions. I don't even have to deal with this dynamic IRL & the discussion still gets me worked up.

You rock Mama, keep sticking to your guns!!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank You FS.

It was a rough night. I talked to his wife. I actually called her b/c my X had lied to her and told her I said he did not have to pay the past two months of CS. OMG are you kidding me?! She even admitted to me she did not believe that for a second. She's not a bad person, she just has bad judgement of men and is scared of being alone. It's made her make bad decisions, that is for sure.

Anyhoo....my fear is that b/c he cannot control this situation with my older DD that he will take me to court to get more time with our youngest. And honestly, he would likely get it. Scares the pants off me, but I have to live one day at a time or I am going to go nuts with all of this.

I told his wife that my eldest explained she will spend a little time w/him, and if and when he screws that up, that she is done with him, and that will mean with her too. She said she completely understands and thinks that's a fair statement for her to make. I about fell over I was so shocked.

I just cannot grasp being married to someone you know lies to your face and being OK with that. Whatever, she can enjoy my leftovers b/c I have no interest that is FOR SURE!

I feel like there is this anxiety/disruption in the background of my day constantly with those two, they just pop up out of the blue and cause me trouble all the time. I just want peace. Ugh.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Have her write that down and get it notarized-she can be a witness for you when you go to court! (I know, she would never do that....). Seriously, how sad for her....I honestly think she's going to wake up too and kick your ex to the curb-and then he will likely spiral more. Just my two cents of future telling

You are doing great, mom. Just think-each day that goes by is one day closer to the end goal of not ever having to deal with him again. That is a blessing!!
Old 05-20-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

HaHa, that would be pretty awesome. She also told me the police were at their house last week for an unrelated matter between she and her son. Keep giving me the goods, I will mark that down for future reference just in case!

She will get sick of it, but it will take a while. Thank you for the encouragement, it just makes me sick that I have to will my little DD's life to go as fast as possible, when I really don't want her to grow up at all!

TGIF. Ugh.

Originally Posted by Forourgirls View Post
Have her write that down and get it notarized-she can be a witness for you when you go to court! (I know, she would never do that....). Seriously, how sad for her....I honestly think she's going to wake up too and kick your ex to the curb-and then he will likely spiral more. Just my two cents of future telling

You are doing great, mom. Just think-each day that goes by is one day closer to the end goal of not ever having to deal with him again. That is a blessing!!