Question

Old 05-17-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Refiner excellent!!!

Take the advice and work on your own recovery. You don't have to make a decision about your future with him immediately. Why not let that lie, and you work on you. More will be revealed in time about what you should do. For now I wouldn't replace a roll of toilet paper if it benefits him. He's lacking some serious appreciation for you and it doesn't merit you do ANYTHING that makes life easier for him.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hmmm . . . Stacy, it is always a bit trickier to chart the recovery of us codependents as our DOC is a bit abstract.

However, if you manage to detach, see a counselor, get to meetings and take care of yourself in important ways, let us know when you hit 60 days of this kind behavior and we will find an emoticon token for you. Heck, some of us, with more ability with graphics, might even put on an entire internet fireworks display for you.

I actually counted days of no-contact with my qualifier like alcoholics count sober days.

It does indeed sound really tough. May all the angels of the universe bombard you and bring you the courage and strength to take whatever "next right action" you can.