Blogs

Notices

Taking my ex back to court.....I think...ugh

Old 05-10-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
I just Googled Havasupai Falls -- O.M.G. That looks UNBELIEVABLE! And I'm going to the Grand Canyon this summer -- GOTTA SEE THIS!!!!!
Havasupai isn't part of the Grand Canyon as it's on tribal land. It's about 3 hours from the South Rim. You must have permits from the Indian reservation to hike and then you pay for parking, camping, and an environmental fee, as well. Some people wait months to get on the list to get their passes. It's still worth the trouble to get the passes for the trip, though. Just breathtaking!

I hiked the Canyon many years ago but the Havasu Falls trip was much easier. Carrying my own rucksack was brutal but I managed and did a bit of training beforehand. The only part I hated was the primitive camping, sleeping on the ground at my age, and the fact that we couldn't make campfires. It rained a lot so the fires would have been a welcome sight but being in such a remote canyon isn't conducive for fires, I'd guess, lol.

It truly was a magical experience. Mooney Falls was bigger and we had to literally climb down the side of a cliff after going through two tunnels in the rocks with chains and ladders to get down to the water. Super scary but so worth it at the bottom where we hiked through the water and took some of my better pictures.

It all of a sudden dawned on me that I'll be living with my guy and his 2 kids, his dog, and his cat in just a few short weeks!! EEK!!! From my quiet little home with a teenager to a chaotic but rewarding new start with my man.......amazing how life changes!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lizatola For This Useful Post:
firebolt (05-10-2016), Liveitwell (05-10-2016), Wisconsin (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 07:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
Havasupai isn't part of the Grand Canyon as it's on tribal land. It's about 3 hours from the South Rim. You must have permits from the Indian reservation to hike and then you pay for parking, camping, and an environmental fee, as well. Some people wait months to get on the list to get their passes. It's still worth the trouble to get the passes for the trip, though. Just breathtaking!

I hiked the Canyon many years ago but the Havasu Falls trip was much easier. Carrying my own rucksack was brutal but I managed and did a bit of training beforehand. The only part I hated was the primitive camping, sleeping on the ground at my age, and the fact that we couldn't make campfires. It rained a lot so the fires would have been a welcome sight but being in such a remote canyon isn't conducive for fires, I'd guess, lol.

It truly was a magical experience. Mooney Falls was bigger and we had to literally climb down the side of a cliff after going through two tunnels in the rocks with chains and ladders to get down to the water. Super scary but so worth it at the bottom where we hiked through the water and took some of my better pictures.

It all of a sudden dawned on me that I'll be living with my guy and his 2 kids, his dog, and his cat in just a few short weeks!! EEK!!! From my quiet little home with a teenager to a chaotic but rewarding new start with my man.......amazing how life changes!
Ok, I guess I have a lot to learn. I found the website for it and didn't realize how involved it was. It's now on my bucket list, though! WOW, your changes are coming fast! How exciting
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Refiner For This Useful Post:
Liveitwell (05-10-2016), lizatola (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's on my bucket list as well!
The Following User Says Thank You to Liveitwell For This Useful Post:
lizatola (05-10-2016)