Hi everyone.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi, I spoke to a counselor at the shelter. She did say that yes, I can get a restraining order at any time. She also advised me that I currently have full custody of my son, as I was never married to his father. So I am feeling a little less stressed. I am at my parents' house with my son and have not been to my house in days.

I have been busy with counseling appointments, AA meetings, and caring for my son. I am surrounding myself with as much support as possible. Thank you for all your support. I will check in again.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good for you Jenna! You are taking such good steps......getting this kind of support is soo essential.....

dandylion
Old 05-28-2016, 07:39 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Hi, I spoke to a counselor at the shelter. She did say that yes, I can get a restraining order at any time. She also advised me that I currently have full custody of my son, as I was never married to his father. So I am feeling a little less stressed. I am at my parents' house with my son and have not been to my house in days.

I have been busy with counseling appointments, AA meetings, and caring for my son. I am surrounding myself with as much support as possible. Thank you for all your support. I will check in again.

And June 1 is coming soon. Peace and courage to you.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Update: things are going pretty good for me. I'm back in my house. Locks are changed. It took a little longer than I hoped to get him out, but he's out without me having to involve the courts.

He's currently in detox and then will be going to treatment. I have not spoken to him but his mother is talking to him and relaying to me. I don't know where the treatment will be or for how long, but really, it's not my concern. I mean, I'm glad he's getting help, but he still has to do the work, and it doesn't change anything that happened with us. Time will tell if he's serious about recovery or not. If he is, great.

Meanwhile I've just been organizing and putting the pieces of my life back together. Of course there is lots of cleaning and whatnot to be done here, and his stuff is still here,but at least he boxed it up and it is fairly tidy.

I've been going to counseling and DV group therapy. It's helping a lot. And his mother finally saw how bad it really was and has been way more supportive of me and got way less enabling to him at the end. I think he unleashed some verbal abuse on her too and she realized what I was going through daily with him.

My dad helped me haul a ton of garbage from the garage and basement to the transfer station. How sad, gross, embarrassing, pathetic. Whiskey, wine, beer, mini vodka shooters, four loko, broken lamps and pictures, cigarettes, the whole mess. I can't imagine what the guys working there thought. I was glad to wash my hands clean of it. Never again.

Thanks all.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jemma.....I am so glad to hear this! Getting the help that you are getting is so essential!
Isn't it funny how the tune of "outsiders" changes when they find out, for themselves, what you have been living with?....lol.....
I am glad that his parents are more aware...

I think you are m aking excellent progress....

dandylion
Old 06-13-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Doing a happy dance for you!! I hope you are enjoying your peaceful home!~
Old 06-13-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am so glad to hear this update! Keep up with the support systems you have, you are doing great!!!