Had a breakdown tonight

Old 05-02-2016, 09:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you opened that box FoG, but like you said, it's over now, it has passed. It sucked, but maybe it was necessary. I hope you're doing better today.

AH and I too were both drinking too much in the beginning of our relationship, until I got pregnant... and then he just continued to drink more and more.
We did have fun... we had a lot of fun. The really horrible scary drunken rampages didn't start until later, but there were some of those during that time too, but you know, I just don't remember them that well, or at all, because I was that drunk too! Things sure look different when you stop drinking.
AH used to reminisce about those days a lot. He said the normal day to day life with kids is just too boring for him, so he had to keep having fun... just without me...

Just big hugs to you my friend!!!!

love ya
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

^ yep-my ex loved to talk about being a parebt-actually being a parebt was way too much work and time consuming....it took time away from his selfish need to get drunk whenever is suited him. Still does, imagine that. My exs drinking increased with each pregnancy and so did his abuse. He used to talk about us having fun like we used to (I.e. Getting tanked tigether). That was no longer fun for me. Drinking lost all it's appeal. When you sober up, life becomes crystal clear, which can be brutally hard seeing things without your booze goggles on anymore.

So many of our lives are so incredibly similar-just like alcoholics have so many commonalities!

Yes, I'm okay-great now-just an hour of processing and pain...pain means growth and progress, so I'm just fine with that

Cheers, friend. Love ya back!