always questioning myself

Old 09-22-2004, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gracey

always questioning myself

I am a little worried about my counseling appointment tonight........I dont care if my AH is awake to go or not......that isnt the issue........I never told him last week that Ashley went.......the counselor seemed to have some issues after he seen my daughter........he was mentioning something about my H actual thinks she is attractive......and he might be scared about some of his own thoughts.......he said this is why he may be so negative when it comes to her.........he may be scared of his own thoughts about Ashley...........

That was a whole lot for me to handle..........my H has never once been out of the way with my daughter ever.......it like he doesnt like her.........or her him.........the counselor also mention since Ashley looks like her real dad..........that may be another reason why......

I am making myself feel guilty because Ashley went........and also some of the things that were discussed may have been out of line................I didnt want to tell him.....she went.......the thought has come up in my mind to tell him, but I chose not to say anything to him..........

This is because I know how he would have felt......he already doesnt want the kids to no our business....he was upset just by the thought of Ashley knowing that is where we were going on Wednesday's......

I dont feel bad about taking Ashley........I thought it was great.........this is me feeling guilty because I think I know what his reaction is going to be...........See I am okay with myself......and I feel like I did nothing wrong.........and we had a great session and we were happy when we left.........and that is all that should matter right????

I am just a little worried about what is going to be said tonight by the counselor regarding this issue.......

Old 09-22-2004, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I guess instead of worrying about it, just go and see what happens. If you didn't feel bad about Ashley going last week, you shouldn't feel bad/guilty about it today.

He'll get over it .... he really has no choice now does he? You can tell him when you get there that the counsellor met Ashley last week and you had a really nice session. You cannot project what is going to happen. You are making yourself crazy over something that hasn't happened yet and may not.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

gracey - what aspouse says is true - you don't know until you get there. he didn't want to get up and go anyway so he's got himself to blame for not going. the kids probably already know a lot more than you and he think - kids are very perceptive.

good luck to you tonight - hugs - cwohio
Old 09-22-2004, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Gracey - I just wanted to let you know I'm listening. I guess my first thought is concern that your councelor is seeing you by yourself and then your husband and you together...I'm not sure, but my counselor will not do that, for just some of the reasons you mentioned. And again - please understand - I'm not sure at all...it may be perfectly okay. Regardless, this is not your fault - the counselor should have mentioned any conflict of interest..so by all means, I did not say that to make you worry any more than you already are. I read your post about you and Ashley last week and it sounded like it was great for her.. Remember, you and your children are your number one priority...he can take care of himself, she needs you. Peace to you..and let it go sweetie...worry will just eat you up inside, and I can tell from all your posts you are a good person and you really try to do the right thing. That's more than alot of people can say!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Gracey,

I recall your post from last week, that you went home and H wasn't ready so you detached by doing what you needed to do. HURRAH for you and your D.

I see counseling as private time with whomever is there. If your H is there, it's with him, but if he doesn't go, then he misses out. I can never remember everything I say in a session and therefore don't ever try to replay the session in total. When I get stressed many times I get a temporary case of amnesia and don't recall all the details. Ohh well if someone wants to know the details they should make sure they attend.

I started writing things down for myself when I attend my sessions. I keep it in a private journal so that when I need a reminder of the important stuff - my head gets so full sometimes I need a little help.

Enjoy your session - I've gotten to the point where I really do look forward to them - even when I know they will be hard.

Peace,

Petunia