Rough week

Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am thinking even if the charges don't stick, he will see you are serious about this and back off possibly. Just a thought.

I think you are living in a nice situation with your parent's home, I would not change it either.

Just keep documenting, keep moving forward, and think about possibly having a gun or taser there, just for protection for yourself as any single woman living alone should.

Hugs.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Hopeful, You're right, even if the charges don't stick, it would show him that I'm serious. As for having a gun or a taser in my home, it will not be happening. Even if I wanted to, it would be impossible. Gun laws in Canada are drastically different than in the US. My dad has hunting riffles, but you do need a license for this, and they have to be under lock and key. A license for a gun is very very hard to get. If I'm not mistaken, I could be arrested for assault if he refused to leave my property, threathen me with physical harm (without raising a hand to me) and I were to "encourage him to leave" with a baseball bat! However, I do have a hammer in my night's table drawer. I've had one there since I left home at 18 and living on my own.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Also get wasp spray. It acts just the same as mace. When my niece went to college I got her a pepper spray keychain and 4 bottles of wasp spray. Sadly, she was driving the first night there and someone tried to break into her car. She sprayed the assailant in the eyes w/the wasp spray. Very scary.

I am a big advocate of being prepared especially since then.

Hugs. Take good care of you.
Old 04-21-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Also get wasp spray. It acts just the same as mace. When my niece went to college I got her a pepper spray keychain and 4 bottles of wasp spray. Sadly, she was driving the first night there and someone tried to break into her car. She sprayed the assailant in the eyes w/the wasp spray. Very scary. I am a big advocate of being prepared especially since then. Hugs. Take good care of you.
I have no idea what wasp spray is. If it's anything like pepper spray, then chances are it won't be legal!

Just thinking of all take makes the situation so surreal that there's only one thing I can say: NOT THIS. This is not the life I want for myself.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kata View Post

Actually, before I can get one, I'll have to press charges for harassement. With the way our legal system works here, the police would then have to determine if there is enough recommand the charges to the prosecutor, the prosecutor would then analyse it and decide if there's enough to move forward or not. If they decide they are, I could then be granted a temporary restricting order... It's a long process.
How frustrating that process is, in the United States you could just claim you fear for your life and you can get a temporary one and then they set a court date where your ex would be present to defend himself and you would show all your evidence and the judge would rule whether the situation warranted a final restraining order.

Wish it would be easier for you, I know a restraining order is only a piece of paper and will not stop him if he is determined..but what it would do would put him in jail if he called, wrote to you, or stopped by. Sometimes the legal system is so frustrating, and I can't believe the story you wrote about the cable man was not taken seriously! He didn't just walk into your back gate, he took extreme actions.

Keep taking care of YOU. Each day that you put yourself first and detach from him the easier it will get, the healthier mentally and physically you will get, and the less he will enter your thoughts.